Fellow foreigners...do you miss fast food in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Fellow foreigners...do you miss fast food in Cambodia?

Post by John Bingham »

wackyjacky wrote:Delivery ??? This kinda stuff needs to be eaten immediately or it exacerbates the overall soggy-greasy-gloppiness.
Totally. If you don't eat it really fast it gets really disgusting and inedible really quick. One of the reasons I am not too big on the stuff.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Pizziana on Echreach in Snookyville has the second best double Cheeseburger in town and the best fried chicken. (no one can compete with Monkey Mark's massive Cheese burger.)

I noticed that Happy-burger(I called it Rat-burger) on Echreach in Snooky is now closed. RIP! (good riddance!)

I was in Lucky-Ocean supermarket down by the Golden Lyons Circle the other day and about a quarter of the store is empty making way for a KFC. (I call it Kentucky Fried Rat) I wish we were like Singapore were there are 11 Popeye's chicken stores. OH! the spicy Cajun gravy and mash, the red beans n' rice and the great fried chicken.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

they need to know about dirty rice there. Is celery hard to get in Cambodia?
I bet it would be popular.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Cambodia, where even fast food is slow.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sailorman wrote:Pizziana on Echreach in Snookyville has the second best double Cheeseburger in town and the best fried chicken. (no one can compete with Monkey Mark's massive Cheese burger.)

I noticed that Happy-burger(I called it Rat-burger) on Echreach in Snooky is now closed. RIP! (good riddance!)

I was in Lucky-Ocean supermarket down by the Golden Lyons Circle the other day and about a quarter of the store is empty making way for a KFC. (I call it Kentucky Fried Rat) I wish we were like Singapore were there are 11 Popeye's chicken stores. OH! the spicy Cajun gravy and mash, the red beans n' rice and the great fried chicken.
how much is the burger at monkey mikes?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've never been a big fast-food guy so I can't say I miss it much. I finally went to BK about 5-6 months ago and though I liked it, I haven't been back. It's crossed my mind a few times, but the desire has never been strong enough to make me drive down there. I'm just not drawn to it for some reason, though KFC do have some good deals now and then ($2.5 for two spicy burgers is a good deal-I've bought two a few times in the past and add cheese+tomatoes once I get home). I tend to cook a lot. Just made Tzaziki and pita bread. Can't wait to eat that tonight...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic