New Articles section...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

New Articles section...

Post by OrangeDragon »

If you have a look at the top you'll see a new link for Articles. These aren't the paid type of professional publications, it's just a place where people can (if so inclined) post something they think deserves more than a thread in a forum that will eventually be buried. Something more static/etc. They can also be commented on, comments are simply tied in with your user accounts on the forums.

Anyone wishing to submit an article for posting, feel free to PM it to either of we in the Admin group, and once it's approved we'll gladly open your permissions to post it to that section. It uses the same posting/formatting/bbcode/etc that any other post on the forum does, so no special rules in that regard. Please make sure it's more robust than a simple 1 or 2 line topic post, this should be reserved for things like Vlad's How to Rent article, lexus' Buffalo Sister Roast review, etc.

Thanks!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: New Articles section...

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And our first one is up, thanks to Vlad for reposting it there for me! (Be sure and give the lad some karma for this!)

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/blog.ph ... ticle_id=3
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

http://www.cambodiaexpatsonline.com/vie ... ?f=6&t=459

Needs some editing but I think it's worthy
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Absolutely, give it the edits you think it needs and send it over to me to review... once it's all good i'll open up your permission so you can post it in the article section!

And thanks!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

^ It's not mine but I'll talk to him.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

oh shit, lol. didn't even look at the poster. i've already asked him to submit his food review of buffalo sisters, this would be a great GREAT addition as well.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

I was thinking it would be good to get an article from a ladies perspective to draw in more ladies to the forum. And then had the thought that with a quick edit, maybe the discussion on personal safety would be a good article. Perhaps Sock puppet wouldn't mind as she had such great tips! Just a thought...
Using Tapatalk
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

OrangeDragon wrote:oh shit, lol. didn't even look at the poster. i've already asked him to submit his food review of buffalo sisters, this would be a great GREAT addition as well.
I PM'ed him; I see him like once a week so I'll harass him about it.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:I was thinking it would be good to get an article from a ladies perspective to draw in more ladies to the forum. And then had the thought that with a quick edit, maybe the discussion on personal safety would be a good article. Perhaps Sock puppet wouldn't mind as she had such great tips! Just a thought...
oh thanks, but I am not a writer and not even a native speaker. Only after I posted my tips I read the articles on the movetocambodia site which covered what I said and had a lot of other very good tips.
The article on the ladies safety would definitely be great!
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic