Barang kills gf in shv

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Barang kills gf in shv

Post by Hotdigr »

If anyone other then Monty had confirmed it, I would question it too. I have 2 main reasons for believing him. 1/ He owns a bar in the square, right near where it happened and is obviously in the know. 2/ I know Monty well, he doesn't lie, exaggerate, gossip, or talk bullshit, or for that matter, talk at all unless he has something worthwhile to contribute. So yes, unfortunately it happened.
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

Was having a chat with my mate who owns a bar in there last night. He reckons there was enough blood around the poor girls head for her to have died but she was still alive when he went for a look. He said the dude just wandered off after the attack and he has had no word wether they got him or not. Guy was asked to leave at least two bars before he attacked the girl, sounds like meth rage to me.

Square owner obviously very well connected cause this has been hushed big time. Along with a couple of very nasty fights in there in the last few months, not good advertising for the square. Some bars in there are doing well, some not so good. I like that one of the ones doing the best, The Birdcage, is one of the only ones in there that's not a girlie bar. Cudos to the Aussie running it for spotting the gap.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Singularian wrote:Was having a chat with my mate who owns a bar in there last night. He reckons there was enough blood around the poor girls head for her to have died but she was still alive when he went for a look. He said the dude just wandered off after the attack and he has had no word wether they got him or not. Guy was asked to leave at least two bars before he attacked the girl, sounds like meth rage to me.

Square owner obviously very well connected cause this has been hushed big time. Along with a couple of very nasty fights in there in the last few months, not good advertising for the square. Some bars in there are doing well, some not so good. I like that one of the ones doing the best, The Birdcage, is one of the only ones in there that's not a girlie bar. Cudos to the Aussie running it for spotting the gap.
Or roid rage... not an uncommon practice here...
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

I noticed your arms getting bigger, whats up with that?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

oh yeah, they used to call you red, didn't they? :)
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Where is Sihanouk Square in Sville?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Otis wrote:Where is Sihanouk Square in Sville?
Right about here:

Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Damn, I've stayed at Zana House many times, the last about 3 weeks for about a week. I've never seen disorder or violence. It was almost too quiet.

I was and am completely unaware of that group of bars. This is bad news indeed. The guy who did this should be hunted down by the public authorities. In default of those, private authorities.

This is an atrocity, much worse than a common crime. As such it has real potential for destroying Khmer-barang relations down there if it is unpunished.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Otis wrote: This is an atrocity, much worse than a common crime. As such it has real potential for destroying Khmer-barang relations down there if it is unpunished.
What khmer-barang relations? The locals down here already greatly see us as an inconvenient necessity that triggers an inferiority complex in them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic