Handlers asleep, Kem "Batshit Crazy" Sokha opens mouth

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Handlers asleep, Kem "Batshit Crazy" Sokha opens mouth

Post by JBTrain »

In case I thought i was dreaming that Kem "Batshit Crazy" Sokha said what he said the Cambodia Daily is there to remind me he really did blame the Vietnamese for the tragic stampede at Kos Pich. #getthestraightjacket

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/cnrp- ... ony-60501/
Using Tapatalk
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Handlers asleep, Kem "Batshit Crazy" Sokha opens mouth

Post by Jaap N. »

JBTrain wrote:In case I thought i was dreaming that Kem "Batshit Crazy" Sokha said what he said the Cambodia Daily is there to remind me he really did blame the Vietnamese for the tragic stampede at Kos Pich. #getthestraightjacket

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/cnrp- ... ony-60501/
Is it possible to post the full text of the article? When I check CD it tells me I have 5 free views left and then proceeds to tell me I can buy admission to the site for a buck a day. Annoying. Before the cache:-thing in Google worked, but they covered that, apparantly, because also there the screen with the various paying options appear. Thanks.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Use Dolphin Zero if you're on Android.

CNRP Verbally Attacks CPP at Kampuchea Krom Ceremony

BY MECH DARA | JUNE 5, 2014

Hundreds of Buddhist monks, opposition politicians and laypeople gathered Wednesday in Phnom Penh to mark the 65th anniversary of the day France officially turned over its Cochinchina colony, which included the former Kampuchea Krom provinces, to the State of Vietnam.

Phnom Penh City Hall had on Monday banned the city’s Wat Samakki Raingsey from hosting a public forum at the ceremony, fearing a rise in racial tension, but the opposition leaders present Wednesday freely took turns blasting the government for its supposed subservience to Vietnam.

Inside Wat Samakki Raingsey, which is about 60 percent populated by ethnic Khmer Krom monks and is often seen as a refuge of last resort for members of the minority, CNRP deputy president Kem Sokha promised to make June 4 a national holiday if the opposition party comes to power.

He then launched into a tirade against the Vietnamese.

“We have seen that the yuon have used the CPP and Mr. HE to eliminate the Khmer race and Khmer tradition, and now you have seen what they have done to the water festival,” Mr. Sokha said, referring to the holiday in 2010, when 353 people were killed in a stampede on Koh Pich.

“They created the scene to kill Khmers at Koh Pich during [the] water festival,” he said.

Yuon is a term for Vietnamese that is often considered derogatory.

France’s Cochinchina colony, which included the former provinces of Kampuchea Krom, or Southern Cambodia, was officially ceded to Vietnam in 1949, but had in reality been under Vietnamese control since the mid-17th century, when its rulers capitalized on a country stifled by internal struggles.

Since Hanoi took control, the Khmer Krom living in Vietnam—believed to number considerably more than one million—have been severely suppressed, with the Buddhist faith and Khmer language at times outlawed.

Son Soubert, a prominent opposition member who comes from a Kampuchea Krom family, spoke more mildly to the crowd of about 600, focusing on the late King Father Norodom Sihanouk.

“King Norodom Sihanouk demanded that Kampuchea Krom be recognized as the land of the Kingdom of Cambodia,” said Mr. Soubert, who is also the son of former prime minister and resistance leader Son Sann.

Princess Sisowath Pong Neary Monipong, a representative of the Royal Palace, closed the ceremony Wednesday, saying she neither “praised nor blamed” the speakers or the issues that were discussed.

“I just want to remind that today we hold a Buddhist ceremony,” she said.

City Hall spokesman Long Dimanche said that proceedings Wednesday had violated the ban put in place on holding a public forum.

[email protected]
Using Tapatalk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

if anyone's to blame on the incident it's the local cops who failed at crowd control and then failed at riot control.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

OrangeDragon wrote:if anyone's to blame on the incident it's the local cops who failed at crowd control and then failed at riot control.
Kem Sokha would say you've been drinking Yuon Koolaide.
Using Tapatalk
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Handlers asleep, Kem

Post by Jaap N. »

JBTrain wrote:Use Dolphin Zero if you're on Android.

CNRP Verbally Attacks CPP at Kampuchea Krom Ceremony

BY MECH DARA | JUNE 5, 2014

Hundreds of Buddhist monks, opposition politicians and laypeople gathered Wednesday in Phnom Penh to mark the 65th anniversary of the day France officially turned over its Cochinchina colony, which included the former Kampuchea Krom provinces, to the State of Vietnam.

Phnom Penh City Hall had on Monday banned the city’s Wat Samakki Raingsey from hosting a public forum at the ceremony, fearing a rise in racial tension, but the opposition leaders present Wednesday freely took turns blasting the government for its supposed subservience to Vietnam.

Inside Wat Samakki Raingsey, which is about 60 percent populated by ethnic Khmer Krom monks and is often seen as a refuge of last resort for members of the minority, CNRP deputy president Kem Sokha promised to make June 4 a national holiday if the opposition party comes to power.

He then launched into a tirade against the Vietnamese.

“We have seen that the yuon have used the CPP and Mr. HE to eliminate the Khmer race and Khmer tradition, and now you have seen what they have done to the water festival,” Mr. Sokha said, referring to the holiday in 2010, when 353 people were killed in a stampede on Koh Pich.

“They created the scene to kill Khmers at Koh Pich during [the] water festival,” he said.

Yuon is a term for Vietnamese that is often considered derogatory.

France’s Cochinchina colony, which included the former provinces of Kampuchea Krom, or Southern Cambodia, was officially ceded to Vietnam in 1949, but had in reality been under Vietnamese control since the mid-17th century, when its rulers capitalized on a country stifled by internal struggles.

Since Hanoi took control, the Khmer Krom living in Vietnam—believed to number considerably more than one million—have been severely suppressed, with the Buddhist faith and Khmer language at times outlawed.

Son Soubert, a prominent opposition member who comes from a Kampuchea Krom family, spoke more mildly to the crowd of about 600, focusing on the late King Father Norodom Sihanouk.

“King Norodom Sihanouk demanded that Kampuchea Krom be recognized as the land of the Kingdom of Cambodia,” said Mr. Soubert, who is also the son of former prime minister and resistance leader Son Sann.

Princess Sisowath Pong Neary Monipong, a representative of the Royal Palace, closed the ceremony Wednesday, saying she neither “praised nor blamed” the speakers or the issues that were discussed.

“I just want to remind that today we hold a Buddhist ceremony,” she said.

City Hall spokesman Long Dimanche said that proceedings Wednesday had violated the ban put in place on holding a public forum.

[email protected]
At first I had respect for the CNRP and their goal to achieve change. Admittedly I'm very new to Cambodia and had previously never heard of those clowns, that's how I refer to both KS and SR now, they are bad new for this country, I'm afraid. I wonder what would happen if CNRP would take over.

@ jm: Thanks for the swift reply. I will look into Dolphin Zero for my phone, my computer is Apple. Do you know any other way around the paid options for CD?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

If they would bring down their yearly online only price I'd be happy to pay them for it... I like reading them at times but $150 a year for "at times" is just too rich. They should have a casual readers "X articles a month" price where you only get to read, say 10 articles, each month for a year at a half rate. I'd go for that. Or they should pay for it with advertising like nearly every other major publishing company in the world and just make online free.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Handlers asleep, Kem

Post by OrangeDragon »

JBTrain wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:if anyone's to blame on the incident it's the local cops who failed at crowd control and then failed at riot control.
Kem Sokha would say you've been drinking Yuon Koolaide.
He'd more likely tie it back the the police being on the Vietnamese payroll... which is absurd considering how incompetent they are, the Vietnamese would never hire them.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Let's not forget the Khmer cocksucker motherpigfuckers that were demanding $100 and up (staff at Calmette Hospital)for families to claim the bodies of their lost ones, until HE put a stop to it.

The biggest enemy this country faces is the one inside a lot of them. Don't fool yourself.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic