Sending a package to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Sending a package to Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

We tried to get a PO box a while back and were smilingly told 'not available, try again later' - anyone know if there's a waiting list system at the GPO?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I just received two box's from American (to me in Snooky.) They were 15"x15"x20". Sent Priority Mail International with tracking all the way. They took about 10 days US to Cambo/Snooky. Put "personal affects" and they breaze through customs. A bit expensive but it gets here and doesn't disappear. The local PO used to put my box's in the back room and say not here until I started taking a print out of the tracking site with me. I now have them trained and when I walk through the door they are usually saying "Sir! Sir! Box here." BTW/ One box's had a computer in it. Once the box gets to the airport in PP from the US the next day at 2pm its in the PO in Snooky. Well worth the money.
rathada
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by rathada »

OrangeDragon wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:25 pm I had a laptop sent to my wife. sent from the US via USPS, arrived and was a $5 fee to get it.
Hi , can u ask you something about USPS. My aunt send me laptop via USPS, i have tracking number, but i not know well about USPS in Cambodia, i search, but i not find address of USPS in cambodia, may i know , where can i get my package? and how long it took your packge to your wife in cambodia? Thank you.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

rathada wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:18 pm ... i not know well about USPS in Cambodia, i search, but i not find address of USPS in cambodia...
You know that USPS is the United States Postal Service, right? They don't have offices here. Your parcel is probably with EMS.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
freeredcaz
Tourist

Post by freeredcaz »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:15 pm We tried to get a PO box a while back and were smilingly told 'not available, try again later' - anyone know if there's a waiting list system at the GPO?
I was told the same several years ago and one came up a few weeks later. I have kept mine ever since, although i never used it, I still didn't trust the post, it was more for correspondence sake.. I just pay the annual fee, and intend to use it for aliexpress small items.

On a side note, I have sent documents from UK using DHL. It took 10 days to get to Cambodia, but they delivered as soon as they got it, to my house 11km out of PP

Always make sure your tel number is on anything sent to you
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

giblet wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 pm I've never had electronics shipped in, but I have heard that the scan packages to search for them so they can charge duty. I don't know if this is true or not, but the duty they charge is ridiculously high.
Yes, on new items over $50 they charge 60%. But it seems this only applies to large packages. $150 hard drive, no problem. $112 steam cleaner (declared as $60) and they whacked me with $38 in tax/duty. I could have probably bought it at Aeon cheaper in the end.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic