why are cows so expensive?

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
diesel
Expatriate

Re: why are cows so expensive?

Post by diesel »

problem with many khmers is that they only eat the things what they know, something what they dont eat before they never try.
my mom had send a lot of candy to here for the kids, but the kids dont eat it. sometimes as i come in takeo i buy some doner, and thats only doner, bread and some vegables, but because they dont know what doner is, they dont eat.
as most of the khmers never eat goat, they shall never going to eat goat.
but i agree that there most be a way to earn moey with goat because of many muslims and restaurants that sell goat meat.
but what is the price of 1 fullgrown boer goat? and 1kg goat meat on the market?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

diesel wrote:problem with many khmers is that they only eat the things what they know, something what they dont eat before they never try.
my mom had send a lot of candy to here for the kids, but the kids dont eat it. sometimes as i come in takeo i buy some doner, and thats only doner, bread and some vegables, but because they dont know what doner is, they dont eat.
as most of the khmers never eat goat, they shall never going to eat goat.
but i agree that there most be a way to earn moey with goat because of many muslims and restaurants that sell goat meat.

but what is the price of 1 fullgrown boer goat? and 1kg goat meat on the market?

sorry to carry on with this thread like an old goat, but here are some prices in USA $ per pound.
\ = 2.2 lb + 1 Kg . Scroll down to bottom of the page.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTHRp ... ux1IhWncg-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

What kind of cow is this? This cow they bought for 600$.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

A calf around here is about $5-600. Fully grown $1000+. Same prices in northern provinces too.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Wbefore i talked about this kind of cow, sonebody know the name? this calve is sold 600$
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Looks like a standard Cambodian cow to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebu

Don't listen to the city boys/been here 5 minutes/the locals are ripping you off crowd. $600 is a standard price for a young cow, feed it for a year and double your money by selling for meat or breeding a new baby cow.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Casting my farmboy eyes over it (I immediately realise how old my body is getting, and) I -think- the standard unit of Cambo cow is part Brahman, part Chianina.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

StroppyChops wrote:Casting my farmboy eyes over it (I immediately realise how old my body is getting, and) I -think- the standard unit of Cambo cow is part Brahman, part Chianina.
I''m going to agree with that diagnosis .. Even though the Chianina is a Italian breed. If there was a French breed close to it , it would be the Charolais, but they don't have the height or long legs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Okay, thank you all!!!
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Cows :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic