R9 Series GPUs, 1200 watt PSUs, AMD Gigabyte MOBOs and more

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

R9 Series GPUs, 1200 watt PSUs, AMD Gigabyte MOBOs and more

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Summary
Many parts for sale, many things that are difficult to get in the Kingdom (the 1200w 80 Gold Plus PSU’s and AMD boards are things I don’t believe you can find here).

I priced everything at 70% of what I paid for them, everything was bought in or after Late October 2013. (not including what it would cost to import and Thai Baht to USD conversion). They were mostly used for Crypto Currency Mining (Script Coins, and then x11 coins). All these parts work, if you want I can demonstrate that they work or help you install them.

Also have manuals, DVD disks, electrostatic bags and bubble wrap for easy transport.

I am mainly selling them as I am downsizing and also have too many other projects I want to work on at the moment.

Trades
(in part or kind for any of this equipment - I can make up the cash difference if needed)

- high end computer speakers, keyboard, mouse or headphones.
- a decent pair of MotoCross Boots (size 11.5 to 12)
- or a decent helmet (large size)
- Bitcoin, DarkCoin or NextCoin - at these rates at time of sell: http://coinmarketcap.com/

Contact
I live by Mao Tse Tung and Mounivong Blvd and am available any time after 5pm.

PM me for Phone Number.

R9 Series Graphics Cards (280x and 290x)
(4x) XFX R9 3GB/5DDR 1000M BOOST VGA PCI-E CARD- $250 each
http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd- ... -280x-tdfd

(3x) VGA HIS R9 280x ICEQ X2 Turbo Boost 3GB/5DDR - $250 each
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-773.shtml

(1x) ASUS R9 280x DirectCU II Top 3GB/5DDR - $250
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9280XDC23GD5/

(2x) R9 290x Asus - $440 each
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9290X4GD5/

(1x) R9 290x MSI - $440
(link is broken same specs as other cards)

(1x) R9 290x PowerColor 4GB/DDR5 512bit VGA PCI-E - $440
http://www.powercolor.com/Global/produc ... asp?id=489

Motherboards
(once I sort through my cables I’ll divide them up so every board will get a minumum of a couple cables for SSDs and Internet)

(2x) AMD - GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0) (comes with APU installed - AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz) - $185 each
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=4672#ov

(1x) AMD - FM+2 Gigabyte F2A-88x-up4 (rev 3.0) with APU - AMD A10 6800 (4,4) FM2 - $185 each
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=4709#ov

(1x) INTEL - MB-B75 PRO3-1150 ASRO Intel with CPU 1155 GEN3 Dual Core 3GHz Intel - $140

PSU’s
(all the PSU’s come with ALOT of cables)
(1x) POWER COSAIR AX1200i 1200 watt - $250 (this one has a software monitoring system)
(1x) POWER COSAIR AX1200 1200 watt - $240
(1x) Silverstone SST 1200 Watt 80 Plus Gold - $240

RAM
Ram will be sold to anyone who buys a MOBO - unless they don't want it then I will hold it until the end, since it seems pretty easy to sell.

MISC
ELECTON TE-5 Plug 3 (I com) power bar - $40
Wireless PCI TP LINK TL-WN851N, PCI card - $10
DVD Writer Samsung - $10
Case Killer 2 Computer Case, Used once - $40
Last edited by FreeSocrates! on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: R9 Series GPUs, 1200 watt PSUs, AMD Gigabyte MOBOs and m

Post by StroppyChops »

That's some serious hardware for currency mining...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

FS, can you enlighten us about the whole Minting thing.

Your CPU's look like they had the horsepower but electricity costs seem to be relevant to break even ops.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Well when I started it was still easy to make money on Litecoin, after that I switched to Darkcoin which was .50 cents at the time and I thought it was a coin with alot of potential.

Dark coin is now $10+ and is very popular so impossible to make a profit on (but I hold a bit of it so I did okay), though I till think there is a good chance it could go to $40 - $100.

When I was mining Litecoin I was using 3 KWH+. Because Darkcoin takes less electricity I used less than 2 KWh. But yeah for a while my electric bills were $300 +.

In terms of making any CryptoCurrency Rig Profitable now, I honestly just don't know. I think I can make a couple dollars a day; but to make anymore I'd have to do 4 hours of reading BitcoinTalk like I used to do to find another gem like Darkcoin.

If I was serious about it I'd move to Laos, Thailand or Vietnam because electricity costs substantially less.

And I'm just not into being a "miner" (heat, noise and having to fiddle with this stuff all the time).

I'd rather focus on my Website Publishing business and other things that I enjoy more.

I don't think I'm getting out of the Crypto Currency scene, just stepping away from being a miner.

Back when I was mining Darkcoin it wasn't all that profitable, it just had a very smart, active developer that had some features that no one else had so I had faith in it.

Crypto Currency is quite speculative, so there is risk... and the scene moves fast. In 6 months I went from LiteCoin, (to selling all my LiteCoin)... to Multi-pools (when they first came out they were extremely profitable) to Darkcoin.

If you want to make money in that scene you have to stay ahead of the curve... or live in a country with cheap electricity. But it's all speculative.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

I'll take the RAM. PM me?
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Thanks FS, good recap.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I raised all the prices, since everyone I've talked to asks for discounts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Any dual CPU (i7 preferably) motherboards? I'd sell GMack to get my hands on a good one. Not that I'd get much for him...
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

(1x) INTEL - MB-B75 PRO3-1150 ASRO Intel with CPU 1155 GEN3 Dual Core 3GHz Intel - $140

Like that? It's dual core, I can't remember if it's i5 or i7, is there an easy way to check?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

not dual core, dual CPU... each of which would be dual/quad core.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic