Snookyville Power

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Snookyville Power

Post by Sailorman »

I see a lot of replies, but no one seems to have the answer. When they first put in the Chinese power plant out of town I drove out and followed the power leg that goes to Snookyville. Having worked with power up to 440v 60cycle I thought that the power line leading to Snookyville was on the small side.
One neighbor of mine heard a rumor that the industrial park outside of Snooky needs a lot of power and when all the factories are in full swing they get priority, but this wouldn't explain the 5min to two/three hour outages.

BTW/ I have A 3000watt gen set, but its just a pain to wheel it out and I don't run it after 10pm as my neighborhood is very quiet.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Why wouldn't the story re factories explain the long outages?

Rolling blackouts, divert energy to factories, simple, I imagine.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Factory consumption of power would explain the longer outages, but having worked with electricity and power generators, the shorter outages would be an inability or just being too lazy to phase two different power sources so you take the on-line one off line and then bring second source on-line to take the load.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic