Jekyll and Hyde

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Post by Username Taken »

mynameisphil wrote: I can't get the forum on Tapatalk for some reason, just doesn't come up.
You need to contact Mr. Orange Dragon. He'll help you sort it.

:D

There's a thread for reporting bugs here, but it's probably a config issue on your side cos others can TapAndTalk ok, or so I've heard.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Phil, it has to be asked, you know your Tapatalk credentials are not the same as your CEO credentials, right? You need to provide both sets to Tapatalk in the right place, or nada.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

nightmare.believer wrote:I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
I know that guy! Short? Dark hair? Darkish completion? He keeps trying to hit me whenever I try to cross Norodom! Sometimes he's in a different SUV though. And sometimes he's a girl. Strange...
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

chkwoot wrote:
nightmare.believer wrote:I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
I know that guy! Short? Dark hair? Darkish completion? He keeps trying to hit me whenever I try to cross Norodom! Sometimes he's in a different SUV though. And sometimes he's a girl. Strange...
Yes, that's him! And sometimes her.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ forum gold, right there! :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I don't think khmers conduct themselves any differently on the roads than in other arenas. They drive with nearly zero consideration and infinite patience. The same way they park, host weddings/ funerals, do construction at 6 am, etc.
Scarier than malaria.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.

in texas, people are often fired upon for traffic fauxs pas.

usually only bystanders are hit.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

frank lee bent wrote:hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.
I beg to differ.

Cambodia rules when it comes to lack of consideration. Absolute pigs in this regard.

Out of the 16 countries I've lived in, anyway.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

vladimir wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.
I beg to differ.

Cambodia rules when it comes to lack of consideration. Absolute pigs in this regard.

Out of the 16 countries I've lived in, anyway.
I agree, completely. I've only lived here and Florida but visited 16 other countries for extended periods of time.

I didn't fear death as much in India or Bangladesh then I do here. Only place similar would be Iraq in the Green Zone after we pulled out. Local Iraqis drove like they do here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic