CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by OrangeDragon »

Soi Dog wrote:Just a couple days ago I showed a co-worker both forums and described the silliness ensuing. He liked K440 and thought I was being childish. Whatever. He joined K440 and made his first comment mentioning that both forums had the exact same usernames online at the same time and how all the "us vs. them" stuff was ridiculous. It was a short and polite post. His account was immediately deactivated.

Well done K440. Run away new members as well as your old ones. :thumb:
Guess he gets it now... lol.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Over time to move on. This is not UKIP, it is so much more than a protest site. While it is still a fledgling site, it needs to be allowed to develop its own 'forumality'

Yes, this is only one thread but it leaches in to many others

'Leave Bitching Behind, for a Brighter Future'
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
MoodyMonkey
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by MoodyMonkey »

Definitely a protest site at the moment.

See you in 10 years for a reevaluation.
There are no letters in the mailbox, there are no grapes upon the vine, there are no chocolates in the boxes anymore and there are no diamonds in the mine.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

MoodyMonkey wrote:Definitely a protest site at the moment.

The Members (or Monkeys) make the Forum. We can all do our bit. This is NOT a dictatorship but an on-line family
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
MoodyMonkey
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by MoodyMonkey »

EdinWigan wrote:
MoodyMonkey wrote:Definitely a protest site at the moment.

The Members (or Monkeys) make the Forum. We can all do our bit. This is NOT a dictatorship but an on-line family
You are right, it is the members that make a forum. Monkeys or otherwise.

On line family is a bit of stretch, but if it makes you feel good thinking that, then just run with it.
There are no letters in the mailbox, there are no grapes upon the vine, there are no chocolates in the boxes anymore and there are no diamonds in the mine.
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

MoodyMonkey wrote:You are right, it is the members that make a forum. Monkeys or otherwise.

On line family is a bit of stretch, but if it makes you feel good thinking that, then just run with it.
Eh cuz, don't be like that, show the aroha.

EdinWigan - Kia kaha bro :x
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
Master Cylinder wrote:might be time to move on lads.
It's time to move on when that forum is sunk and all the Modfuckery is finsihed with.

Every time he censors someone, or deletes something, he will hear about it on here.

Until that fuckwit sells the forum, or it's burnt to the ground, there is no reason to stop commenting on new 'censorships' that keep pop up.

Everyone was quiet here, until he starts up with his BS again... if he stops being a fuckwit none of us will have anything to say.
Hehe ----- You sound quite bitter.

I was never treated badly over there, I just found the forum politics impenetrable and the double standards annoying. I actually hope they get their act together. Competition is not a bad thing.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Soi Dog wrote:Just a couple days ago I showed a co-worker both forums and described the silliness ensuing. He liked K440 and thought I was being childish. Whatever. He joined K440 and made his first comment mentioning that both forums had the exact same usernames online at the same time and how all the "us vs. them" stuff was ridiculous. It was a short and polite post. His account was immediately deactivated.

Well done K440. Run away new members as well as your old ones. :thumb:

Yea, that's unfortunate. The same siege mentality that resulted in locking the thread as soon as people on both sides were actually having a productive exchange about what needs to be fixed.

I still read over there, and to their credit they seem to have rallied the troops and raised the level of discourse. The thread on beggar children for example is excellent and informative. However, it really struck me as odd that they are now discussing social ills and the roles that some NGOs could play in helping them. Nothing wrong with that, but it seemed really weird after 15 months of seeing constant NGO bashing over there. I wonder if this is a deliberate tactic to "go legit" and attract a new target audience. It is a logical move, even if quite hypocritical given the forums history of NGO bashing.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Oh for fucks sake people. I said a week ago that I wouldn't comment about this again and I haven't until now. if anyone has a right to be pissed off with K440 it's me. I was the first ( in this crew) to be deleted, I had my family insulted by KIR( not that they give a fuk mind you, but I did) but lets get over this. It really is about time to bury the hatchet and move on I reckon. All we are doing now is rehashing the same old shit over and over again. There is no new insight in this thread, or theirs, just old scars.It's bled now, so let it heal. Let's start afresh
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic