Man stabbed to death by a friend

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Banteaymeanchey: A young man stabbed to death by his friend while having a party. He died on the way the hospital around 11:00 pm on 19 May 2015 in kbal spean ti mouy village, Poipet district, Poipet city. The motive led to the fatally stabbing was not confirmed yet. It's believed that they had verbally argument with each other.

According to the resource, the victim name Hor Chan, 25 years old living in Samakimeanchey village, Poipet district, Poipet city. He was stabbed near the chest and his right elbow.

After the incident, police had called three people who were in the party for questioning and his wife was also questioned while the perpetrator fled the scene.
Spoiler:
Engrish
Spoiler:
Drinking Brasserie quoted stabbed man perpetrators fled

Enter the text: Sun.

Wednesday, 20 May 2015 09:38

Province: A man was a friend caused injured in drink and died while being sent to the hospital on time 11 May 19, 2015 in the village of Spean 01 neighborhoods Poipet Poipet not yet know why.

Sources said the victim named Hor Chan, 25, a resident of the village neighborhood solidarity Poipet Poipet perpetrators and knife trigger chest 1 and right elbow 1.

However, behind the scene, police were called in the incident to ask the number 3 while the police force is also called wife perpetrators also asked, as people had fled were identified.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Man stabbed to death by a friend

Post by General Mackevili »

With friends like that...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

trust no one!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie what do you think about your khmer friends ? people behave differently when they are drunk.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha i was joking,
although i do feel sometimes here in cambodia locals can act a lot more rationally when angered than the common person in the western world, i guess it could be down to the difference in upbringing mixed with stricter laws/policing
but then again i do know of a lot of bad stuff thats happenend in just my city that would be on par with some of the stuff that goes on over here and wouldnt say its any less common, i guess i just see it differently with living in a different country, and having to live within a different culture so im more aware of my surroundings, i guess in my city people are more likely to settle their differences with their fists, but stabbings do happen, but then you could go to london or manchester or even 30-40minutes down the road to nottingham and you are more likely to get shot or stabbed than in a fist fight

but i do feel the thought process of some khmers espeshially ones that have come from the provinces to be a lot more rational than that of people from the western world, and i dont mean by stabbing friends, i kind of mean in general as well, as in their personalities, quick to jump to conclusions etc. ive not long woken up so finding it difficult to explain
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:haha i was joking,
although i do feel sometimes here in cambodia locals can act a lot more rationally when angered than the common person in the western world, i guess it could be down to the difference in upbringing mixed with stricter laws/policing
but then again i do know of a lot of bad stuff thats happenend in just my city that would be on par with some of the stuff that goes on over here and wouldnt say its any less common, i guess i just see it differently with living in a different country, and having to live within a different culture so im more aware of my surroundings, i guess in my city people are more likely to settle their differences with their fists, but stabbings do happen, but then you could go to london or manchester or even 30-40minutes down the road to nottingham and you are more likely to get shot or stabbed than in a fist fight

but i do feel the thought process of some khmers espeshially ones that have come from the provinces to be a lot more rational than that of people from the western world, and i dont mean by stabbing friends, i kind of mean in general as well, as in their personalities, quick to jump to conclusions etc. ive not long woken up so finding it difficult to explain
You shocked me Jamie, i really didn't realise about this. I always thought that many big cities in those developed countries are safe.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Samouth wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:haha i was joking,

You shocked me Jamie, i really didn't realise about this. I always thought that many big cities in those developed countries are safe.
England has a big gang culture, mainly in the poorer "Council estates" and black dominated areas, also with englands big binge drinking culture there is a pretty much 99% you will see fighting/violence at some point in the night between drunken revelers...
youve also got the football hooligan crowd as well

Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

These are really terrible. It completely changed the way i view those developed countries.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic