Thailand,Pattaya to host group of 12,700 Chinese tourists !

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Thailand,Pattaya to host group of 12,700 Chinese tourists !

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well, have fun you people in Pattaya. That's what you call mass tourism! It seems the first groups have already arrived.
A Chinese company is sending more than 12,000 people on a holiday to Thailand, tourism officials said, with one resort hosting a series of back-to-back banquets catering to thousands of guests at a time.

Thailand’s tourism body said the enormous group of holidaymakers was one of the largest they had accommodated from a company in China, where employees and customers are often rewarded for meeting targets.

“It will be a challenge but it’s one we relish,” Chattan Kunjara Na Ayudhya, the executive director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s public relations wing, said.

The 12,700 tourists are being sent by Infinitus China, a direct-sales company, and began arriving in Thailand on May 10, Chattan said.

They will travel in groups of 2,000 to 3,000 at a time and will make a six-day trip to Bangkok and the nearby seaside town of Pattaya, he added. ...
Itthiphol Kunplome, Pattaya’s mayor, confirmed that the first batch of nearly 3,000 employees had begun arriving in his city.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/ ... iday-after
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand,Pattaya to host group of 12,700 Chinese tourist

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Low season they don't care who comes just fill everything up. It's usually when you see bus loads of Indians around. Watching the Chinese in action on my way through in March I feel real sympathy for lowly paid Thai service staff who have to deal with them en masse.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic