If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by phuketrichard »

hey, i see the guys at 440 are willing to kick in $$ and help Nick get home
so if u are serious about helping him, take them up on the offer
I dont see anyone here willing to hep him with $$

As i posted; someone needs talk with him, get a police report, get an emergency travel doc, book a flight an get the fuck out of Dodge!!

everything else is just bullshit. stop talking, Your so concerned about him, do something and get it done, Do you know where he is? stop the back and forth bullshit between u an k440

Dont u dare say if i feel this way i should do it, as i never brought into his story and wouldn't do anything to help him, there are way others more deserving help.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

phuketrichard wrote:hey, i see the guys at 440 are willing to kick in and help Nick get home
so if u are serious about helping him take them up on the offer

As i posted; someone needs talk with him, get a police report, get an emergency travel doc, book a flight an get the fuck out of Dodge!!

everything else is just bullshit. stop talking, Your so concerned about him, do something and get it done, Do you know where he is? stop the back and forth bullshit between u an k440

Dont u dare say if i feel this way i should do it, as i never brought into his story and wouldn't do anything to help him, there are way others more deserving help.
Jesus! He doesn't need a police report! It's gone much farther than that. What the fuck do you think has been happening.
You have consistently denied all relevant information that has come your way because of your agenda. Don't start up with all your sanctimonious bullshit here. If people want to help, they will. You deserved every single piece of malice that came your way on that thread. From calling them both retards, losers, and scammers to advocating that he first rot on the streets to then letting him rot in hospital. I'm glad to see that even a mind such as yours has finally come round to realizing he needs help. Even if you have the money and aren't willing to help yourself.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

juansweetpotato wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:hey, i see the guys at 440 are willing to kick in and help Nick get home

Jesus! He doesn't need a police report! It's gone much farther than that. What the fuck do you think has been happening.
You have consistently denied all relevant information that has come your way because of your agenda. Don't start up with all your sanctimonious bullshit here. If people want to help, they will. You deserved every single piece of malice that came your way on that thread. From calling them both retards, losers, and scammers to advocating that he first rot on the streets to then letting him rot in hospital. I'm glad to see that even a mind such as yours has finally come round to realizing he needs help. Even if you have the money and aren't willing to help yourself.
I NEVER said any of that, just said i dont by the story nor ever did. I have no agenda with anything to do with this

these are yes or no responses

Do you know where he is?
does he have a police report? He does need one to get a travel doc. 100% You say he doesn't , which i dont believe
Can he get an emergency travel doc?
Are you willing to pay for everything to get him home?
are u going to do it?

:please:
Yes he needs help, so fucking HELP get him out of here and stop talking about it.
Everything else is .......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think it's important to NOT stop talking about it, Richard.

Do you support human trafficking, for example/ I'd guess no. Do you contribute to it? I don't know. but I sincerely hope you never stop talking about it.

You're in the fortunate position where yo are relatively wealthy and can travel pretty much whenever/wherever you like, yes? I'm not saying you never worked for it, but can you honestly say you know the FACTS here? NO. Neither can most of the flush them down the toilet crew.

Some of us are not in a position to help financially, I know that's sweet news to the wannabe class who had to come to Cambodia before they could brag, but there it is. Life happens.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Vlad;
true i dont know the facts but i know the story had more holes in it than swiss cheese
and not saying stop talking about it but how about some more action and less talk? and no , i wont help as i said cause i dont by the story laid out as it is

I am asking questions but nobody seems to know the answers or willing to share them.

Like they say , talk is cheap, how long has this been going on,? yet he is still in Cambodia, still broke, still suffering

I do know
he needs help to get him a passport
he needs help to get him a ticket out
he might need help to pay overstay fines
he needs someone with him 24/7

I dont know; Currently
how he got out of the hospital and why he is wandering around
where he is
what the fuck he is doing
what, if anything the Embassy or anyone is doing to assist him

would you agree?

Can we keep personal attacks an petty squabbling between everyone out of it?
here yo are relatively wealthy
Relative is a relative term LOL
I aint broke, i am far from rich
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

juansweetpotato wrote:

JSP/SCC, while I fully dislike the sanctimonious nature of PhuketRichard's last post and feel he should man up and offer some of his own dosh if he is going to challenge others to do so, I don't think he was one of the "fuck off and die" crowd at backslappers.com.

I have met you personally and still believe you are sincere about wanting to help Nick out. That said, and excuse me for being so candid, but when you keep obsessing about K440's attitudes towards Nick and your victimization because of that,it looks like you are making the story more about yourself than him.

If some K440 members are offering up $$$ to help Nick get home there may be well be some self-serving motives , one-upmanship, and and even bullshit associated with such claims (depending on which members). Getting shown up was what set LTO and Violet off on their petty little tirades in the first place..

That said if some @ backslappers.com are TRULY putting up money --- take it as GOOD news. It is about helping Nick .. not your ego. Hell I would even offer Scoobz a personal hearty backslap, if he were going to solve the financial aspects of the problem. Let them take credit -- if they can actually solve the problem.

Meanwhile, I fear you are possibly alienating potential allies who might be sympathetic and want to help some how. I have had two members of this forum approach ME about getting info on how to help. Unfortunately I seem to be no longer in the loop as to up-to-date information. It was very odd that I learned about Nick doing a runner from the hospital from Marvin (a poster I had never met before) rather than from you. It seems like you are hoarding information for whatever reason.

You keep making vague mentions of it "going far beyond that" but nobody has a clue what you are talking about.

I understand and support your reasons for not publicizing everything related to Nick's situation, but you would be better served in making this less public and identifying people who are sympathetic to your cause and including them in your "information sharing" (privately via Group PM) so that people can better understand the up to date status and where they might be able to contribute something. If you want to update me on detailed specifics I would be happy to share with those people who IMHO have a genuine interest in contributing something. If you keep acting publicly like you have "big secrets" you cannot shar, it just makes you look like the flip-side of the backslappers.

If you keep getting hysterical on this topic, you are just going to alienate people and further isolate yourself -- which further isolates Nick as it appears you are the one most clued in on his case.

Just take this as advice from a potential ally, who is getting increasingly uncomfortable with how this topic is proceeding.

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Well, to the people on 440 who are helping, a very big thank you and respect. :thumb:

I'm sincerely glad that you did not allow yourself to become cynical and hardened. Thank you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Violet bites back . . . .
Written by Rain Dog on the other forum

"If some K440 members are offering up $$$ to help Nick get home there may be well be some self-serving motives , one-upmanship, and and even bullshit associated with such claims (depending on which members). Getting shown up was what set LTO and Violet off on their petty little tirades in the first place.."

and on the back of numerous other comments by Rain Dog Vlad and SCC

I didn't feel I was shown up. Would you elaborate? My getting involved at one point was purely because I CANNOT STAND people who are talk and no action. Anyone who knows me well knows how true this is. I was ill placed to do much of anything but did what I could. When others in country got involved, I let them get on with it. How does that show me up?

When I was contacted by PM by a family member. I put them in touch with SCC. How was that showing me up?

My "petty tirades" were the result of people such as yourself who have distorted views.

Carry on.
:stir:
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

phuketrichard wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:

I NEVER said any of that, just said i dont by the story nor ever did. I have no agenda with anything to do with this

these are yes or no responses

Do you know where he is?
does he have a police report? He does need one to get a travel doc. 100% You say he doesn't , which i dont believe
Can he get an emergency travel doc?
Are you willing to pay for everything to get him home?
are u going to do it?

:please:
Yes he needs help, so fucking HELP get him out of here and stop talking about it.
Everything else is .......
Just been reading through that thread. You did make those statements, but you also put some good points into the debate. In fact, it appears to me you were swaying in direction a bit. Anyhow, I don't want to rub anything in anybodies face (you should see some of the other posters collected works!). It was a very emotional subject ( for me) and one that was a catalyst for what was seemingly something that was bound to come to an end, hence my banning.
I don't know where he is , but there are people on it. I had put too high hopes on the fact that Marvin would do what he said he would do. In fact, I wasn't sure whether he was taking the piss after a few days of receiving nothing from him. However, Nick has been spotted by people that are trying to help him. Both the hospital and the embassy have been in contact with me over his disappearance. I have updated his friends and relatives with as much info as possible, which is very sparse. I think what K440 is doing is great and I would have hoped and loved them to have done it earlier when Charles originally tried crowd funding after he got fed up with the embassy.
I have written a reply to the embassy in PP's email to me, which they only wrote because London got onto them via Nicks MP re my email CC'd to him. Both Charles and I have put pressure on the FCO.
On the phone I managed to get the embassy staffer (Khmer) to confirm that something is being done about Nick but that it was difficult. I said I am sure it is. $1000 high interest loan has now become 10's of thousands hospital fees and they have a man who is not able to look after his own well being due to his condition, wondering around PP in a pair of hospital trousers and nothing else. To give you a clue as to his mental condition,he didn't know what country he was in nor that his mum was dead.

I don't think he needs a police report now, it has all gone far too far for that.
Your last two questions are nothing to do with you. If you don't think I'm helping, I don't care.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

violet, I'd just like to say, on that thread you came across as a total bitch, you were playing to the audience, and you fucking loved it. That's the impression quite a few people got. It was like watching another person it was so out of character, really, but at least you'll have a few friends from Le Club now. Well done, you can be proud.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic