time to move

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

time to move

Post by horace »

the landlady has upped my rent , so I'm in the market for a new place:
Any area considered but must have a washing machine, 2 bedrooms or 1 with a very large living area, a decent sized balcony or outside space, no need to be furnished or have air con. 300/350$ is my limit. could afford more don't care too much about staying home as it's work , play and cycling .
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: time to move

Post by General Mackevili »

With a decent budget like that, I'd seriously consider the Russian Market area.

A lot of those places seemed to have very big balconies. I even found a few very modern ones with nice balconies for around $200, which was my budget.

My first choice was a place for $180 that was recently remodeled and had a big, clean balcony about the size of the rest of the house.

When I went back the following weekend to take it, it has already been rented.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

Yeah, I had a cycle around there yesterday and have never been quite able to put my finger on exactly where is the
russian market area! Went down to the market cycled around , up and down a few streets and most streets seemed to have construction going on ended up by the smelly river , is that considered Russian Market? Anyway, if you're in that neck of the woods or any woods for that matter and you wanna earn a double commission , one from me and one from the landlord give us a PM.
Back ground if you don't know me is 17 or is it 18 years in Cambodia the last 15/16 in PP , no khmer tag alongs, no parties , just me . Spent 7 years in my first place and another 7 in this one!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

(best AA voice) Hi Horace!

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: kickass and browsers

Yeah, the Russian Market area is kind of vague.

I'd almost say West of Monivong, Northwest of Street 430 and South of Street 432, which makes a very sloppy triangle shaped area.

Closer to Monivong is probably more accurately called Bong Trabek, but that whole area makes it easy to jump onto Monivong and be heading up to the center of the city in no time.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

General Mackevili wrote:Yeah, the Russian Market area is kind of vague.

I'd almost say West of Monivong, Northwest of Street 430 and South of Street 432, which makes a very sloppy triangle shaped area.

Closer to Monivong is probably more accurately called Bong Trabek, but that whole area makes it easy to jump onto Monivong and be heading up to the center of the city in no time.

Ah! Thanks for explaining that, I had always wondered why anyone would wanna live there - Didn't realise that there was more than just the market streets. Might have to look again later.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

Can anyone circle this area on a Phnom Penh map and post it here please?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I suggested this on the other forum ages ago but it was ignored. Get a general map of PP on this site showing all the areas and street numbers. Highlight your advertiser's locations on that map. :thumb:
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The building I am moving into near russian market has an apartment available. I will need to check if it is 1 or 2 bedroom, mine is 2 bedroom.

It is a new building and either unfurnished or furnished. Basically you negotiate what you want so I got some ACs, beds, tv's, washing machine, fridge, tables, chairs. She needs 2-3 weeks time to buy the stuff before move in but I got a month to give my current landlord proper notice.

The 2 balconies I have I would term "entrance balconies" but 1 seems more suited to enter the apartment and the other to set some chairs & small table for my beer station.

I will get you more info if you want, i currently dont even know what street it is on unless I look at my contract again or just drive over. :facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

nightmare.believer wrote:

Can anyone circle this area on a Phnom Penh map and post it here please?

IMHO

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic