Website unreachable for 3 days now

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Website unreachable for 3 days now

Post by taabarang »

Thanks you guys for all of your suggestions, links, and feedback. Still no success yet, but if someone can get it it can't be FUBAR yet. This is exactly the kind of support I never got on that other website and it's nice to have it here.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

phuketrichard wrote:i am curious

internet since the coup herein thailand sucks, speeds way down, connection problems all the time, cant upload my website, mail hangs etc etc.
is the Cambodian connection via Thailand?
We went through that about 10 yrs ago when they installed DPI boxes/routers at the Telcos to read the headers. Claimed it was to manage their "bandwidth". They're really spy boxes collecting "metadata" (and more). It took them about a year to tune them up by Ham Fisted programmers. (5-eyes and nsa)

Anyone have a better idea?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

This site is always a nice place to start... lets you know if it's just you. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

In this case it's not.

But http://www.webs.com/ seems to be fine. Perhaps you could sign in there and access your account to copy it out, just in case it's going to be permanently screwed up?

Also, did you try the registrant phone from above?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

It works for me here in Indonesia. Works over TOR too
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I'm afraid I'm not savy enough to understand this "
It works for me. Possibly a dns issue where ever you are. Try using the Google dns

Can you tell me exactly what I do Digg3r?
Also I tried this http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it told me it is just me. Since others have been unable to connect I would like to know how large a converage area "just me" is. Where do I go from here?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

strange, when i tried downforeveryone on your url, the http://rana.-ruralhomestay-cambodia.webs.com one, i got down for everyone. but the web.com works fine for me.

instructions for changing your DNS can be found here:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm

"just you" depends on the cause... if it's DNS, then it's your ISP most likely (especially here). it could easily mean that they have blocked the webs.com IP range because some other site hosted there wasn't "government approved content" if you follow. either locally, or at their next step (vietnam?).
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Thanks for that OD. I can get webs.com too, but if I try to create a new website(there is no provision for logging in to an old one) that times out as well. Looks like I am going to have to create an emergency blog site with pertinent info for making a reservation at our home stay. Strange how we got differing responses to downforeveryone.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And some friendly advice... "free" always has a cost, you're now paying it.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

From experience, never, ever go with free hosting unless you're willing to have your sites disappear for days/months/ever. Might never happen, but might.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Here is what I got from Webs.com support, "Issue:

Some users are seeing slow loading or are unable to load Webs.com or their sites. Users may also have issues viewing the builder or viewing images on a page.

Status (UPDATED 6/3/2014):

Thanks to the information provided by folks in this topic, we have been able to determine that users in the Asia Pacific region are having their connections blocked at a backbone internet provider before they are able to connect to our servers. We are reaching out to the internet provider to work with them to determine why this is occurring.

We also suggest contacting your ISP to alert them to the issue, as this may help expedite the backbone provider's response to this block.

Please continue to comment with the information requested if you have not done so already so we can help resolve the issue for everyone.

So many thanks to the poster who provided that link and to OD and Stroppy-I know for a fact my life would be easier if I had more money. If you read my post about living in the country, you will find that we support a family of four on $400/per month. I'd love to have a villa and maids too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic