Garage Owner Fakes Murder on Google!

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Garage Owner Fakes Murder on Google!

Post by General Mackevili »

I was tempted to have a picture of Phnom Penh's Garage Bar sign on this post, LoL... nah. .

Garage owner Dan Thompson says he staged the murder after spotting a Street View van
A garage owner has apologised for staging a scene that looked like a murder in an Edinburgh street, which was caught on Google Street View.

Dan Thompson, 56, who owns Tomson Motor in Giles Street, had to say sorry after receiving a visit from the police.

The mechanic had lain on the road while his colleague stood over him with a pick axe handle after spotting the Google camera car from a distance.

However, a web user saw the image and made a complaint.

The incident happened in August 2012 but it was not until a year later, once the pictures had been uploaded onto the Google site, that police were alerted.

Set the scene

Mr Thompson told the BBC Scotland news website: "By complete fluke I saw the Google car coming along the road but it had to loop the block so I had one minute to rush back inside the garage and set up the murder scene.

"There are pictures of men on Google flashing their bums but we thought we would be more classy.

"We had forgotten about it when the police arrived a year later and we apologised for wasting police time. They found it funny."

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Anyone with any concerns, or who would like to report a crime, should contact police on 101."

...click link to continue reading...

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Garage Owner Fakes Murder on Google!

Post by OrangeDragon »

hahahah... should have totally had a Garage logo here!
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Cool! I was sitting at a happy riverside establishment when I saw the Google camera car approaching. I made sure to give it the bird until it had completely scanned the area. Unfortunately I still can't see a street view of Sisowath. Maybe now they check carefully before updating.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Stroppychops made it onto Google maps, he and a mate went out for a ride when the car went past.
Using Tapatalk
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I thought you were his mate?

You need to watch that man...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

I watch him closely.... I'm his wife!
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic