Lady Drinks...

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Lady Drinks...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Pretty simple this one, whats everyones opinions regarding lady drinks? do you buy them? are you a bell ringer? or are you a "Cheap Charly"?

some times i can be really strict regarding to lady drinks, mainly when the first thing a girl says to me is "you buy me lady drink?" before shes even striked up a decent conversation (if thats possible lol) and plus its never just the one..

other times i can be quite loose and ill have a group of about 5-6 girls with drinks, i dont mind especially if their friends as they do get a Dollar out of it, but ive even had girls come up to me and ask for a lady drink even though she has a full drink just bought by the customer shes sat with lol

it does get on my nerves though when youve got a few girls pestering you for drinks all night, especially when youve already told them no

i do like the girls in king tiger though up victory hill, they wont ask me for lady drinks they will just ask me for a dollar and then they go buy a can of beer from the street vendor, and one day, when i had a few asking me for drinks, they suggested just buying a jug of beer and they would share it between like 8 of them, kept them all happy and a jug of beers not too pricey $4-5
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Lady Drinks...

Post by beaker »

:popcorn:
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Honestly? I don't frequent places that sell lady drinks. I find that keeps the costs to zero.

That's not being a "cheap Charlie", I don't give a shit about buying drinks and I would guess that most of the places I go are more expensive than the majority of bars serving lady drinks here or in Thailand... I just don't do whore bars. They were fascinating the first time I visited Thailand for about 20 minutes... but back then you bought girls orange squash for a few baht a throw and they talked to you and played pool, etc. there was no assumption that you were going to bang them or bar fine them. It was friendly and fun.

Now it's a fucking whore machine... all about closing the deal. I'd rather my dick didn't drop off from antibiotic resistant syphilis or gonorrhea, so I'll stick to dating chicks less regularly ploughed than a bar girl and drink elsewhere too.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

TheGrinchSR wrote:Honestly? I don't frequent places that sell lady drinks.
Now it's a fucking whore machine... all about closing the deal.
I can tell :D If you did you would realise that many girls don't go with customers and that all hostesses aren't whores. The hostess bar is as much about "emotional entertainment"as anything else. There are a lot of guys that like to drink with female company, get a massage or whatever and want the commitment to finish with the bar tab, so to speak. Many customers are living in Phnom Penh and spend a few hours in a hostess bar with their favourite girl after work, before going home to their wife or girlfriend. If your objective is to "get laid" the better option is to visit a freelance bar or brothel. Going to a hostess bar with the sole objective of "getting laid"could prove expensive and disappointing.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Kuroneko wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:Honestly? I don't frequent places that sell lady drinks.
Now it's a fucking whore machine... all about closing the deal.
I can tell :D If you did you would realise that many girls don't go with customers and that all hostesses aren't whores. The hostess bar is as much about "emotional entertainment"as anything else. There are a lot of guys that like to drink with female company, get a massage or whatever and want the commitment to finish with the bar tab, so to speak. Many customers are living in Phnom Penh and spend a few hours in a hostess bar with their favourite girl after work, before going home to their wife or girlfriend. If your objective is to "get laid" the better option is to visit a freelance bar or brothel. Going to a hostess bar with the sole objective of "getting laid"could prove expensive and disappointing.
I'm sorry but you're shitting me. I tried walking into "hostess bars" in Phnom Penh once, it was like being buried in an avalanche of hot to trot pussy. Same all over Thailand... there are hostesses bars like you describe in Japan but in South East Asia... they're whore bars. I love hearing "she doesn't go with customers". What it actually means is "she won't go with you".
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kuroneko speaks the truth, well said by the way. (Most) Cambodian hostess bars definitely aren't anything like the bars in Thailand Grinch.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

o god, here we go again,
when is a hostess bar not a hostess bar.

PSD not (most) read ALL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is true that many hostesses do not go with customers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah i know loads of girls that just work for their $80 a month + Ladydrinks

one of my friends who used to work at Sorya Mall Beer Garden, fell out with the owner about something, so she started working at rose pub? down 104 last week, when i popped in to see her she was saying that her wage is only $70 a month and because she had a day off the night before through being ill they knocked $10 off her wage so she is only going to get paid $60, its no wonder some girls feel pressured into going with customers, the Sorya mall beer garden doesnt pay too badly though one of my friends she gets $200 a month, but she does work 12 hour days from 8pm-8am(G-Pub)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic