BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just got error 524 again - and no slow typing this time ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ray ID: 1e3572625fb5106d • 2015-05-08 13:19:29 UTC
In case that helps.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Anchor Moy wrote:Just got error 524 again - and no slow typing this time ?
This seems to be related to cloudflare... looked it up and it's kind of shitty. While it implies, and can well mean, that our sever is having issues it also can mean that THEY have too much traffic happening and their outbound (from them to our server) IP addresses are all tied up.

I have a ticket open with their support to see if there's a reasonable way to address this, be it by paying them for a higher level of service or whatever.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cheers OD - happens once or twice, well nothing's perfect, and I will come back later, but it could be a big turn-off if you just arrived on CEO and wanted to post something "important".
Otherwise, a few problems with Preview your post - slow or not working at times. Just to let you know. No big deal.
All in all a good forum - backslap.(And a backslap emoji would be good too. :plus1: )
We are so f'king 8) :Yahoo!: :unknown:
dude
Expatriate

Post by dude »

Nothing is perfect, but at least there are no adverts (for now) unlike the OF
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:Cheers OD - happens once or twice, well nothing's perfect, and I will come back later, but it could be a big turn-off if you just arrived on CEO and wanted to post something "important".
Otherwise, a few problems with Preview your post - slow or not working at times. Just to let you know. No big deal.
All in all a good forum - backslap.(And a backslap emoji would be good too. :plus1: )
We are so f'king 8) :Yahoo!: :unknown:
I wonder if it could be related to the submarine internet cable being cut a couple of weeks back. I've noticed my internet has been slow over recent weeks, but not getting the error you posted above.
Vietnam suffers second Internet cable cut in less than 4 months
If you have experienced slow connectivity while surfing the Internet today, here is the reason: the international Internet cable system linking Vietnam and the U.S. has broken for the second time this year.

The rapture is possibly located somewhere on the section between Ho Chi Minh City and Hong Kong in the AAG (Asia America Gateway) submarine system, the center that operates the cable said early Thursday.

The incident affects Internet connection to overseas servers of all service providers in Vietnam.
Linky
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

It's always the damned yuon or the bloody trees.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, Error 524 again. Got cut off but reconnected within a minute.Happens when posting.

Details for OD - I know you love this stuff.
Ray ID: 1ea67e72037b1515 2015.05.22 06:35:54 UTC
manwithtwobrains
Tourist
Australia

Post by manwithtwobrains »

I'm only a lurker I know but it's really annoying that there is no link at the end of a thread which returns the user to the sub menu, you gotta hit back, back, back or hover over the arrow, too many clicks required, what gives?
manwithtwobrains
Tourist
Australia

Post by manwithtwobrains »

Ha, now that I'm logged in there is a link, why do I have to login to get full use of the site? only forum I peruse which makes me do that..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic