What price purity?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: What price purity?

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote:
taabarang wrote:
LTO wrote:I hope he posts again with an update. The symptoms he described may be from the infected leg, but could also be the symptoms of other serious afflictions unrelated to infection, such as stroke. IMO, he needs to get to a doctor ASAP.
I am not posting now because I have recurring bouts of lethargy and am to self obsessed wit.h my health problems the leg cleaned twice daily and I have bought all the over the counter crap I can get until I get to PP tomorrow, Please don;t prey, send better advice.
If you are having a stroke there is nothing over the counter to buy, and if you don't get to a doctor there'll be nothing to do but pray. The fact that you don't have a fever is quite concerning. Infections are normally accompanied by fevers. Please, in so far as it is possible, get to a doctor ASAP. Even a local Cambodian doctor (a real doctor, not a para) could probably spot the difference between infection and something else.
Blood poisoning, aka sepsis, can result in a lower than normal temp at times as the body responds with shock instead of fever.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Yes it can. And sepsis wouldn't be good either. It could be that or stroke or maybe something else. But we're playing amateur doctor here, and if it is a stroke, and he's burning time taking antibiotics while a he has a blood vessel in his brain leaking, the result could be disastrous. In the States, if a 60+ year old man complained of generalized weakness on waking, confusion, and no fever, they'd be rushing him to emergency and doing MRIs. He needs to get to a doctor for a proper diagnosis ASAP.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Agreed, LTO
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

It appears to be none of the above; I am getting stronger, but still have a way to go. My best guess is diabetes with an unidentified complication. So, for your best wishes and advice I thank you. Let's drop it now shall we?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic