What local should do to get their salary equally with expat?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: What local should do to get their salary equally with ex

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:I was eating at boat noodle restaurant. This is one my favorite restaurant in Phnom Penh, but just recently staff there made me not want to come eating there again.
I asked three different staff to bring me a glass of tea every 3 minutes, none of them gave a shit about my request. They were walking and talking to each other instead of bringing me tea until I talked to the owner. So, they deserve that absolutely low salary.
But maybe they would work harder if they weren't paid so poorly?
I have no idea. I just recently don't appreciate with their service. It is already hard for us to just call them to bring the menu.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I agree, I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset. I just think that they are bad workers because they are poorly paid, not that they are poorly paid because they're bad workers.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:I agree, I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset. I just think that they are bad workers because they are poorly paid, not that they are poorly paid because they're bad workers.
I think this is the point to discuss. I wonder if a little bit salary increasing can change their behaviors at work.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic