If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by vladimir »

Satiated Parrot wrote:
vladimir wrote: SP, on a grammar Nazi-related note, some say it should be 'scobienz's', for the record.
This ain't the forum for one-upmanship, sir.
Whoops! :oops:

Sorry, disorientated without my backslapper fix these days.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

vladimir wrote:
SP, on a grammar Nazi-related note, some say it should be 'scobienz's', for the record.
It's been quite a while since I was 13 when we studied these things, but I think what you have created there is a compound adjective consisting of three words.

Strictly speaking, therefore, it should be grammar-Nazi-related note. For the record.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Playboy wrote:
Playboy wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:^Yeah, ignorant, racist comments are always good for a chuckle, eh?
They are the best, racism is one of the last truly funny areas left in life, that and sexism :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:
... plus making fun of Religion :fool:

and gays ! Damn, how could I have forgotten how funny gays are, I love them, with their oversized heads and stumpy limbs ... hang on, that is dwarfs, I always get chutney ferrets and dwarfs mixed up, anyway, either-way, both are radically funny, what with their love of deodorant and personal hygiene, how about Black One-Legged Lesbian Dwarfs who play the Chinese Nose Flute while Bicycling with a Placard supporting Green Politics - surely everyone can get behind the comic genius of such an extravaganza !
I'm easy to bend, I begin where I end,
I'm soft and I'm pink and I'm shy,
I'm legless and armless,
and hairless and harmless,
I'll give you 3 guesses,
Who am I?

There is really only one group worth taking the piss out of and that is the group below.

K440 royal select committee: Cambodia: 2000: Embassy dinner for Netanyahu in support of his 'liver bank for Jews' NGO. Can you spot Skippy, Violet, LTO, AIA, RabW ( he's the ghoul) Joon, backslapper Mike, backslapper Bob, backslapper Pete etc etc

Identify Playboy and SCC to win a prize.

(the answer is Skipper Scoob)
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Wed May 06, 2015 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Hey! Get in line!

LOL, correct. I actually like grammar-Nazis, one can learn from them if the lesson is given in the right spirit.

The amount of English-speaking people who confuse 'loose' and 'lose' on these forums is quite surprising. I don't know why that particular word is so troublesome, my Khmer students don't make the same mistake so often.

You studied grammar at school? I didn't realise you were not a native speaker of English.

The only grammar I studied at school was Latin/French, I went from G1-12 and all the way through university without ever studying English grammar.

Anyway, back to flattering TOF.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

vladimir wrote:Hey! Get in line!

LOL, correct. I actually like grammar-Nazis, one can learn from them if the lesson is given in the right spirit.

You studied grammar at school? I didn't realise you were not a native speaker of English.
I was pleased when you finally stopped using a grocer's apostrophe with plural acronyms. NGO's was becoming very irritating and I was worried for the kids, man.

Now if you could just work on comma splices: you can't, as your school book will tell you, join two sentences with a comma.

And, yes. Scottish schools in the '70s taught grammar.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Playboy wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:^Yeah, ignorant, racist comments are always good for a chuckle, eh?
They are the best, racism is one of the last truly funny areas left in life, that and sexism :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:
I think you'll find that racist comedians like Bernard Manning went out of fashion because racism isn't funny. He could only play to a tiny minority of the type of people Racist Rob looks down on and calls schemies. I guess Rob is a schemie at heart, which I guessed by his mention of Fray Bentos pies, which are as 1970's as his sense of humour.
Playboy
Lord Gayboy
Great Britain

Post by Playboy »

UKJ wrote:
Playboy wrote:
I think you'll find that racist comedians like Bernard Manning went out of fashion because racism isn't funny. He could only play to a tiny minority of the type of people Racist Rob looks down on and calls schemies. I guess Rob is a schemie at heart, which I guessed by his mention of Fray Bentos pies, which are as 1970's as his sense of humour.

- I even found one that did not use the word xxx, so as to not offend the delicate sensibilities of the Gonk and his FanBoys 8)
Actively seeking Thai Ladyboys to sexually dominate me. Please inquire within.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

hey! I just posted a group we should all take the piss out of, and you all just put your hands up saying you wanted to join it.
And for your information a kid on the street with no education speaks using better grammar than a uni prof from oxford. His is the natural language re the work of Chomsky and Pinker. American and modern. Not British and anachronistic.
My keyboard and spell checker are firmly on the other side of the Atlantic.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:And, yes. Scottish schools in the '70s taught grammar.
Scottish...schools. Oxymoron.

How do they keep the kids sober for long enough to study?

Hey, I sympathise, all those porridge-chomping grammar teachers in skirts, and that's just the men.

Have you been following me on Linkedin? Someone may get A LITTLE jealous, bro. :D
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:And, yes. Scottish schools in the '70s taught grammar.
Never, ever, ever, start a sentence with a conjunction.

it's called a conjunction, because it JOINS things, not starts things.

Just for the record.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic