Spirituality: Curious about Christianity?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Spirituality: Curious about Christianity?

Post by StroppyChops »

MekongMouse wrote:
vladimir wrote:vlad is dog.

There is no other dog but vlad.

You will obey, or be smitten.
Do you get ruff with the non-believers?
Before they flea?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

You have forgotten the Mighty Rain Dog .... and there is Soi Dog too.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:

Do you get ruff with the non-believers?
Before they flea?
only if they don't tick all the boxes?
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

StroppyChops wrote:
snookie BRO wrote:You yourself have 'Cherry picked' the parts of Christianity which satisfy your belief Ego, but Christianity can be so differently interpreted it becomes something different.
Interpretation is certainly an issue, but I'm not sure what you mean about me cherry-picking scriptures. Any examples?
THE interpretation, Stroppy. The Bible can be interpreted in many ways, ways which we, and you choose to interpret to suit your set of choice life beliefs.

I still stand strong when i say IMO treading and interpreting what is written in the Bible DOES NOT equate in any way, shape or form a truly divine/spiritual experience, whatsoever.
Rider of the storm.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

snookie BRO wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
snookie BRO wrote:You yourself have 'Cherry picked' the parts of Christianity which satisfy your belief Ego, but Christianity can be so differently interpreted it becomes something different.
Interpretation is certainly an issue, but I'm not sure what you mean about me cherry-picking scriptures. Any examples?
THE interpretation, Stroppy. The Bible can be interpreted in many ways, ways which we, and you choose to interpret to suit your set of choice life beliefs.

I still stand strong when i say IMO treading and interpreting what is written in the Bible DOES NOT equate in any way, shape or form a truly divine/spiritual experience, whatsoever.
Well, that cleared that up.

:beer3:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

snookie BRO wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Oh, okay. Cheers.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Q: jealousy is universally seen as negative. Why is Dog then jealous? I thought his agents claimed he was perfect?

No Dogs were harmed in the making of this fairy tale.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic