If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by frank lee bent »

i thought this thread was to bash 440.
now i find it has literally turned into a branch of that forum.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

frank lee bent wrote:i thought this thread was to bash 440.
LOL. Good one.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Maybe F L B, that is the ultimate folk are discussing things here, what would allowed and result in a ban there.

Maybe folk feel they Can here, what they Can't there.

Yes, some do come over to stir and provoke but very soon they are realigned to polite and positive contributions or just sit quietly, in the corner and think about little bunny rabbits etc...

Even the hardened 'Back Slapper' characters, seem to change when donning their sock and contributing over here.

CEO - The Thinking Trolls Therapy Couch

It is nice to see, imho
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well, that was quite a hold-up. Hard to know which forum we're on now - bit like waking up in the morning and wondering who's that in your bed.

Maybe we could just copy and paste the whole singlets thread from TOF.
:popcorn:

Or I could do a resume here:
OFP1(Other Forum Person 1): I think it is the duty of every man...
OFP2: And every woman...
OFP1: I think it is the duty of every man and every woman and every embassy to be kind to those of us who are in the shit.
OFP3: I disagree. I think that everyone should be able to look after themselves.
OFP1: That makes you a shit.
OFP3: I disagree.
OFP1:well, that makes the embassy a shit.
OFP1: I already told you, you are a shit too.
BBM(Big Bad Mod): Ok, enough of this shit. You'll all banned. Go shit somewhere else.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Anchor Moy wrote:Well, that was quite a hold-up. Hard to know which forum we're on now - bit like waking up in the morning and wondering who's that in your bed.

Maybe we could just copy and paste the whole singlets thread from TOF.
:popcorn:

Or I could do a resume here:
OFP1(Other Forum Person 1): I think it is the duty of every man...
OFP2: And every woman...
OFP1: I think it is the duty of every man and every woman and every embassy to be kind to those of us who are in the shit.
OFP3: I disagree. I think that everyone should be able to look after themselves.
OFP1: That makes you a shit.
OFP1:well, that makes the embassy a shit.
OFP1: I already told you, you are a shit too.
BBM(Big Bad Mod): Ok, enough of this shit. You'll all banned. Go shit somewhere else.
Yeah, good Exec Summary, that about covers it and with a little hint of 'The Life of Brian'
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

" Enemies Reunited " on the subject of destitute Brits.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

LTO wrote:
LOL. Good one.
Well, when a group is needlessly cencored for having conflicting views from the "in" crowd... At least they have a place to express them and enter into discussion on the subject. And pick up a few alternative viewpoints from posters over here while they're at it.

Interesting that many who give them the most shit for talking about it again over here in that thread were those who wanted them to not be able to discuss it over there... Not sure why that is. Engaging them differently can potentially generate a clearer understanding of what he's trying to get at. For us or him... Depending.

Right now he seems to have entitlement confusion... The idea that because a service exists and some people can get it, everyone has the right to get it... Regardless of any other mitigating factors. Thus that seems to be where to focus the discussion in explaining to him that its just not how real life works.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Cam Nivag wrote:Could it be because he has no money and the hospital won't operate unless the family or someone with money commits to the surgery and payment?
Makes good sense. That sounds like a very distinct possibility. Good argument for travel insurance too. One of the reasons I also tell people not to screw around with illegal drugs in foreign countries. When you do, you are not only putting yourself at risk, but your family, since they are the one's who will end up footing the bills for your follies.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

OrangeDragon wrote:
LTO wrote:
LOL. Good one.
Well, when a group is needlessly cencored for having conflicting views from the "in" crowd... At least they have a place to express them and enter into discussion on the subject. And pick up a few alternative viewpoints from posters over here while they're at it.

Interesting that many who give them the most shit for talking about it again over here in that thread were those who wanted them to not be able to discuss it over there... Not sure why that is. Engaging them differently can potentially generate a clearer understanding of what he's trying to get at. For us or him... Depending.

Right now he seems to have entitlement confusion... The idea that because a service exists and some people can get it, everyone has the right to get it... Regardless of any other mitigating factors. Thus that seems to be where to focus the discussion in explaining to him that its just not how real life works.
That's deeper than I had thought about it. I just noticed a similar discussion both here and there with some of the same players, and thought it was a clever turn of phrase/thought.
LTO Cambodia Blog

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is like an aneurysm in some bizarre sense.

rather debilitating.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic