Moto Accident Victim has Seizure in Street, Sihanoukville

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Moto Accident Victim has Seizure in Street, Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Disturbing video of a girl that appears to have fallen off her motorbike has a seizure in the middle of the street in Sihanoukville, Cambodia.

The video was captioned with this, which makes it seem like the cops might be at fault for her fall:

Because police chasing a girl motorcycle steering is ultra fell head roads cause seizures among pomp Ville is located in front of the Department of Public Works

ដោយសារតែភ័យនឹងប៉ូលីសដេញចាប់ នារីម្នាក់ត្រូវជ្រុលចង្កូតម៉ូតូ ដួលបោកក្បាលនឹងថ្នល់ បណ្តាលអោយប្រកាច់យ៉ាងអណោចអធម ស្ថិតនៅទល់មុខមន្ទីរសាធារណៈការ ក្រុងព្រះសីហនុ
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Moto Accident Victim has Seizure in Street, Sihanoukvill

Post by Sailorman »

Utterly useless Snookyville criminals-in-blue. Just there for the traffic bribes/fines and don't even help a citizen in distress. It all comes down from the TopCop who doesn't give a damn as long as the money flows. Accidents, people killed, crazy driving (by cops also), who cares! Keep the bribes flowing.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

The police force don't work like you know it from back home in the West, there is no hospital that will take care of anyone, the family takes care of victims. They are not paid well and their only income is the meager tips which you can hardly call a fine that they get from bad or stupid drivers, which barangs are a large part of down there, thinking it's a race track to prove their skill after several jugs of beer, overtaking trucks too fast, and generally unaware. If there were no boys in blue, there would be MP's and you'd be in even more trouble after an accident.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Franz: After 35 years visiting Thailand (also married to a thai) and almost 4 years in Cambo, I know well how the system works here, but I don't have to love it. On the Barrangs vs Cambos on crazy driving, the Cambos win hand down. Just look at the carnage on the roads during a holiday (same in Thailand.)

If the lazy/useless local BIB would get off their dead butts and enforce the laws such as: licenses, driving down the wrong way, helmet laws, 6 on a moto, running red lights, overloaded trucks/cars, no license plates, driving too fast or too slow, driving drunk, driving crazy, the BIB would be rich. It all comes down from the topcop who could give a sh*t as long as his pocket gets lined. Hit the locals in the pocket book and it wouldn't take to long to cut down the traffic accidents.

I'm usually the only one stopped at a red light, but for a couple days after the BIB had a red light/bribe enforcement at a particular light, I see locals stop, look for the cops, them run the light.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think to lay the blame solely at foreigner driving habits and suggest the BIB are faultless is beyond naive, it's just stupid. Any Khmer will tell you the cops here are clowns.

The cops in Cambodia ONLY enforce when cash is dangled or on those rare occasions when some higher up orders a crackdown/Red Cross are on patrol

I've seen said idiots blocking traffic just after the off ramp off Steung Meanchey bridge, extremely dangerous and congestion-creating.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

They just don't have the resources to play hide and seek with the general populace, they'll just piss off a lot of people and endanger their position from an increased amount of haters. Their status in society is low, all they can do is to try and catch regular powerless folks by setting up shop well known places so people will feel real stupid getting caught and cough up the dough without telling their mom or dad about it. I just can't stop laughing at all these barang do gooders coming around here to a third world country telling everyone how things should be done to make people drive like back home in their own little nanny state,.. can't you go to Japan or something where the resources are available to keep a well functioning police force? This is Cambodia, if you choose to ignore the police, they will most likely ignore you back, cause they have no other choice really. I have a high ranking officer in my wife's family, and I can tell you he is no greedy fucker, he takes care of a lot of people, his house is full of the old and the young, and he provides them with education, food and shelter, they'd be living on the street if not for him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic