If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by General Mackevili »

vladimir wrote:
My own perception was that it demanded a very special kind of person, supremely patient, ethical to a fault, intelligent and with a sense of humour.
:hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote:
vladimir wrote:
My own perception was that it demanded a very special kind of person, supremely patient, ethical to a fault, intelligent and with a sense of humour.
:hattip:
You beat me to it. I was going to thank vlad for the complement.

This one's for you vlad :beer2:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

vladimir wrote:
I never considered Playboy part of the circle, I would say him and scoffer are the best mods...in fact the only mods. Joon has kind of stopped altogether now for some reason.
If Playboy is not part of the backslapping circle, and Peter's dead, what's the circle? Scobienz only joined the site two years ago and I think even he got sin binned a few times. Is it just gavinmac, andyinasia, and lucky lucan? None of whom really socialize with each other in real life?
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Cam Nivag wrote:If Playboy is not part of the backslapping circle, and Peter's dead, what's the circle? Scobienz only joined the site two years ago and I think even he got sin binned a few times. Is it just gavinmac, andyinasia, and lucky lucan? None of whom really socialize with each other in real life?
Wouldn't that make it more of a triangle than a circle? And since AiA posts so little this days, maybe just a line...a very short line?
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

LTO wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:If Playboy is not part of the backslapping circle, and Peter's dead, what's the circle? Scobienz only joined the site two years ago and I think even he got sin binned a few times. Is it just gavinmac, andyinasia, and lucky lucan? None of whom really socialize with each other in real life?
Wouldn't that make it more of a triangle than a circle? And since AiA posts so little this days, maybe just a line...a very short line?
So that just leaves Gavin Mac and Lucky Lucan. We should consider ourselves lucky that neither of them post over here.

:lol:
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Scoob's is not a bad egg, he is just sharing a basket with a few in it. He really does need to look into the circle and start cracking heads. Maybe start with a Front Page Article - ' 7 Ways to make a Mod Omelette '

Playboy An all round good egg, on and off line but a little, uncharacteristically touchy when it comes to tailoring matters.

Lucky Lucan I like, he normally posts things worth reading from angles, I might not agree with but puts his case well. Of late he just seems to have become a Company Man. I am wondering is he has been offered elevation to a higher place, an invitation to join the Inner Cabal?

A i A has taken to spending more time developing and promoting his obvious, Sock Puppet. In an effort to allow it to become a Moderator, something A i A would never achieve. A shame really, as A i A is growing on me over the last few months. I must see if I can get a cream for it from the chemist.

Joon an ever changing person. Really enjoyed her contribution before her promotion. She now over plays the Mod role, at times, that is when she isn't just blindly supporting anything Andy says. Of late she has just gone quiet, to professional to publicly comment, on things she also sees as in need of change, I guess.

Gavinmac Seems to have stepped out of the circle and is in dire need of a good 'Murder' or 'Scammer' to exercise his excellent investigative skills. No better person on there when it comes to finding out background detail on some story, normally involving breath stealing trees.

GMJS - 440 See above ;)

The Third Man Just a short, blunt writing style often seen in the educated elite of Northern colonies of England.

The General Crowd There are a good few more if we widen out catchment to include the outer sanctum, which contains many a good poster, with also its fair share of those aspiring to slap backs. Alas for now they are only able to shout abusive support from the cheaper seats.

So, all in all no real bad folk over there and I echo the earlier poster, who called for time to move on and grow a site worthy of its own light, that will never happen in the 'Mud Slinging' shadows of its former egg shell. Cast off the remnants of that K440 shell and let CEO spread its wings.

P.S. we could also learn how to correctly use subject pronouns, within a sentence, so as not to look like ill educated twats, in general forum chat.

:thumb:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Ah well, despite the childish bickering, CEO might get another couple of posters who are actually in Cambodia......
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Kampong Spooner wrote:Ah well, despite the childish bickering, CEO might get another couple of posters who are actually in Cambodia......
And with the new lawyer law 440 might get one more owner who isn't.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

What is this great, cock growing, obsession with being resident in Cambodia?
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

AiA has a sock puppet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic