If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: the other forum

Post by Rain Dog »

prahkeitouj wrote:Everyone talk about K440. I wonder if K440 is the brother of CEO?
K440 was like the semi-psychotic step-mother of this forum --- forcing people to finally run away from it and start/join a new forum here.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Rain Dog wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Everyone talk about K440. I wonder if K440 is the brother of CEO?
K440 was like the semi-psychotic step-mother of this forum --- forcing people to finally run away from it and start/join a new forum here.
LOL, semi-psychotic step mother, that's priceless.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: the other forum

Post by vladimir »

Playboy wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: ... How much for the talking retarded ferret?
You can have Gonk for free.
Looks like they got you for free. Turncoat. :lol:

I always voted Playboy/scoffer best mods, and some of the best posters, too.

Maybe CEO can lure Playboy here with a beer-perk contract, and get scoffer to write a front-page article on XML .exe design?

gavinmac is already here, shit just get married, there's enough acrimony for any marriage.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Playboy
Lord Gayboy
Great Britain

Post by Playboy »

vladimir wrote:
Playboy wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: ... How much for the talking retarded ferret?
You can have Gonk for free.
Looks like they got you for free. Turncoat. Image
I often pop over here, to see how the other half live.
Actively seeking Thai Ladyboys to sexually dominate me. Please inquire within.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:The problems they have there with shit-stirring posters will find there way here in time. It has yet to be seen how the CEO mod team handles so many knobheads like K440 has to deal with.
I'm confident that the CEO Mod Team will handle things better than K440 is doing right now. They are all over the place.

Banned for a week? No problem, Scobie will be around in a minute to unban you! :facepalm:

Someone posts your picture and links to your Facebook page? No problem, since the mods don't think it was "malicious." : facepalm:

Hopefully we won't ever be in that boat, as we listen to our members and use their feedback to improve shit around here BEFORE we get to the point of no return.

Scobie just needs to grow some balls and start making (preferably good) decisions. Gavin has nicknamed him "King Pussy" and it seems fitting. Scobie is trying to please everyone, and is failing miserably at it.

I really don't know why Scobie wanted to run a forum. He seems to get no pleasure from it at all.
I guess it is easy to blame scobie for everything, but he is not really the root cause of the problems plaguing that forum. Unfortunately he does seem to be held hostage to the preexisting problems that came with that forum, namely a rather cliquish group of self-congratulatory "long time posters" (I call them backslappers) who seem really insecure about how times are changing without them and seem genuinely skittish about anyone threatening their so-called "status" on an internet forum.

The "Destitute Brits" Thread was a real eye opener.

The web is full of such forums --- the larger ones will continue to draw new posters due to SEO presence, but quickly lose them. Those forums tend to have an increasingly "in-bred" feel to them and eventually become just another dark corner on the web, with so called "long-timers" trying to keep each others spirits up and wax nostalgic about the so called "Good old days".

Scoobz said all the right things when he bought the forum, but sadly has not followed through. I think he has a real need to be "Liked" by the core little group there, and thus panders to them. It is possible he simply feels insecure about challenging in anyway this little group he inherited. He does have $$$ put in the forum, and comes across as risk averse.

I don't think it is fair to blame Scoobz for pushing back on the arbitrary, overzealous moderating of Gavinmac and to some degree Joon. In fact he deserves some credit for trying to reign them in. Unfortunately, culture is hard to change and unless he is willing to forcibly open up the "in-bred" feel of that forum, it is destined to become one of the dark corners described above.

This forum also has had more than a few issues -- but it does seem you have added some new posters here, and it certainly feels less "in-bred". Hopefully you are learning from your mistakes as well as theirs as you go along and can gain some momentum moving forward.

Cheers,

RD
I blame him no more or no less than any leader of a forum, etc. End of the day, he calls the shots over there, so whatever form K440 takes falls on him.

Risk averse? No way! Nobody in their right mind would buy a forum if they were risk averse. It was less than $20K, he went in with another investor and even kept Lord Playboy on (which I think was his wisest move, as they move alone is probably what kept him the few good ol boys they have left, LoL). I'm starting to think he did it merely for the "fame" you're talking about in the small K440 circle.

And yeah, I think CEO has been doing well at attracting and keeping new members. Hell, why shouldn't we? We have many interesting active contributors and our Mod Team doesn't cater to any single member or members. I think we also show how appreciative we are of everyone. You never hear us barking, "If you don't like it, leave..."
Duncan wrote:I personally think that k440 should do away with all mods and let it be a free for all, dog eat dog forum. After all they are half way there already. Probably run along the lines of Jackchat the Indonesian forum, where executions , the sight of blood and the smell of death in the air attracts more people.
Ha! Last time I checked, JackChat looked closed down. That forum was craziness!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Must still be operating . I just downloaded this from it.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I think the objective is totally commercially driven now which is fair enough given cash was shelled out for it. Creating the ThaiVisa commercial model will demonstrate how adept Scobienz is on the business front presumably and have the advantage that no one will be able to see the never ending stream of vitriol, petty arguing, one upmanship, and intellectual posturing for the flashing adverts obscuring the shit.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Countdown until scoby bans me for having valid points, despite not actually breaking any of his precious published rules....

lol.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I actually think it's cute that 'these guys' have had created for them a forum aggregator page of anything said about their site, saves them having to trawl through all the other meaningful posts. It's also cute that no-one else has noticed this in over 100 pages of posts.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

eh, also gives me an easy place to wipe it one day from my google index and watch their SEO rank drop off the edge.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic