it is all blue...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: it is all blue...

Post by phuketrichard »

OrangeDragon wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:works fine for websites
not for forums in my opinion.

What do u consider a Khmer market? Lucky's/ the one in the Aeon mall? Easy to find everything, wide aisles, well laid out/organized (Both very western ) or Russian Market? no place to walk, hot , dirty, a mess unless ur khmer an understand how things are organized

AS far as seo goes i will take NO negative space,
but i prefer the terms, clean, easy to navigate ---wins every time

PS: we both now we see EVERYTHING from opposite sides
khmer market i mean orrusey/russian. pretty up front organization in those. most of the same things all grouped together right on top of one another. luckys would be a western supermarket.

In this case at least my side is the one with multiple usability studies behind it while yours is the side of wanting what you want the way you want it, everyone else be damned. and from an SEO perspective the idea of just cramming a page with as much content as possible is quite 1997 of you. spiders now take into consideration readability and usability by human standards in their weighting algorithms. Negative space is valuable space. Read the article if you haven't... I'm going to save keystrokes and not repeat it. Though I'm still pretty sure you always take the side opposition to me simply because I was the one who stated the thing... you've got a hard on for riding my ass pretty much constantly on here and I've come to the conclusion it's the only real reason you come.

funny part about your clean, easy to navigate statement was that the first 10 people (non technical people mind you) I showed this too's first reactions were all... literally all... "wow, really clean".

:please:
You have a really high opinion of yourself;
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

if i were the only one who remarked on it (to me at least) i might be inclined to believe you...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:funny part about your clean, easy to navigate statement was that the first 10 people (non technical people mind you) I showed this too's first reactions were all... literally all... "wow, really clean".
As one of the beta testers I'm not sure how offended to be at that.

I like the new skin, by the way.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:funny part about your clean, easy to navigate statement was that the first 10 people (non technical people mind you) I showed this too's first reactions were all... literally all... "wow, really clean".

I like the new skin, by the way.
you weren't one of the first 10.... ;-)

there were almost all non CEO members. i wanted input from people not tainted by a fear of change.

color issue is now fixed, and i have begrudgingly upped the font sizes for those who need glasses.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
you weren't one of the first 10.... ;-)
Fine, I see how it is.
OrangeDragon wrote:color issue is now fixed, and i have begrudgingly upped the font sizes for those who need glasses.
Bastard, I thought my eyesight was dicky again.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:color issue is now fixed, and i have begrudgingly upped the font sizes for those who need glasses.
i mean... lets not rule that out... given your age, quite expected.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
i mean... lets not rule that out... given your age, quite expected.
Yeah... you still find me attractive.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

The longer I'm in the desert...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Regarding the color... i've noticed on 3 browsers now i had to refresh the page after it loaded for the 1st time to get the right blue... just a heads up that you may as well.

should look like this:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:The longer I'm in the desert...
With all those sexy camels, do you get a lot of humping done?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic