Animal Planet Cambodia FAIL

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Animal Planet Cambodia FAIL

Post by Username Taken »

MekongMouse wrote:Disagree. Vlad brings a refreshingly empathetic and left wing tone to the discussion. And plus it was a joke and funny. Why so serious?
I agree that vlad has some useful input to add to our discussions. I just don't want him using here as a sounding board to bash those people over there. (There is already a thread for K440 bashing. Fortunately it seems to have faded away in recent months).

Carry on.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Vlad bashes corrupt lawyers and accountants all the time, there's no reason to assume that this was a dig at anyone personal. If you just read the text without any applied connotations, it is a riff on the post above, which mentioned backpackers, iceheads, and sexpats as the object of humor. If it was a dig at el foro otro, it was subtle enough where mentioning it will draw more attention than not.

Carry on.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Soi Dog wrote:Blah blah blah
Yes, you do blah a lot, but anyway...

Tell us about your reasons for leaving 440.Seriously.(you can leave out the 'blah', if it's at all possible) :lol:

Some might find it interesting.

UT, you can rest in peace, I don't believe I mentioned 440 until now, someone else did that.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I agree that they could have mentioned it, but then again, they'd probably have to mention it for 80% of the countries they make reports one. After a while, viewers become immune to hearing stuff like that. It's not like they're going to go on some animal protection crusade after hearing about endangered animals in Cambodia. We k ow of the problems and witness them quite often, yet most of us don't do anything tangible to help.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

We know, I agree.

Most of America and Europe, Central and S. America don't.

If Animal Planet doesn't tell them, who will?

That's their job. Merely informing about species is pointless without having a dig at/listing offenders. Silence emboldens them.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I agree that informing is good, but what exactly will come of it? Will Janet Jackson and Elton John sing a duet on a telethon to save them? We all know about Rhinos being endangered in Africa and all that. What exactly have I ever done about it? Nothing... What's important is locals being aware of the situation, learning about the dangerous outcomes of the animals' extinction as well as possible solutions. Having mechanisms in place to reduce poaching/encroaching on habitats is what's needed. That probably won't come from viewers in the US or Spain.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

BKL, I challenge you to sneak into Kruger National Park and not get shot.

They've done a lot, radio tags, collars, sentries, US-trained forces, sniffer dogs, helicopters.

It's the old story, a determined man will find a way.

Only real way is to get Vietnam/Thailand/China to have the death penalty for horn poachers, but they don't care about any nation except themselves, they'd be having a damn baby if some Russians started BBQ's with pandas on the menu. Despicable people.

I suppose we could just summon the Chinese ambassador and tell him to take his fake ass home and cancel all natural resource contracts.

Chinese shite poachers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic