BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili »

BOFH wrote:Titles are all annoying with the new layout. All my tabs are named "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats"... It would be preferrable to have the thread title at the very beginning.

The gray/blue difference that highlights whether a thread has new posts or not isn't very clear to me. Maybe I'm color blind but it's pretty hard to see the difference between them.
Yep, good stuff, thx.
Anchor Moy wrote:Also, when you reach the end of a thread there is no instant click to get you back to the page or to the index or whatever.
At least that's how it is for me - there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of the page, so you have to go back up the page manually and click on the CEO heading to change threads.

Ideally, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to continue to explore other subjects on CEO, don't you ? (Without giving them time to think that they should be doing something else ? :) )
Ah, yes, that was the other thing I noticed right off the back!

If it's a 3-page thread, I have to manually type in the next page number, not just "next" at that bottom like before. I'm sure OD can sort that. :thumb:

Thx
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Samouth wrote:This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

You better not be downloading copyrighted shows or movies...

Thx, OD will have to look into that too...

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

You better not be downloading copyrighted shows or movies...

Thx, OD will have to look into that too...
I think it was the problem. i just uninstalled it and it didn't happen again. :thumb:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just generally I'm having problems to post for the past 24h. Either "Error Time Out" page, or else stuck in the limbo world of waiting for Preview while I try to edit, which doesn't connect. Not every time. But enough to be a pain . The Error page just wipes the whole post.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
BOFH wrote:Titles are all annoying with the new layout. All my tabs are named "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats"... It would be preferrable to have the thread title at the very beginning.

The gray/blue difference that highlights whether a thread has new posts or not isn't very clear to me. Maybe I'm color blind but it's pretty hard to see the difference between them.
Yep, good stuff, thx.
Anchor Moy wrote:Also, when you reach the end of a thread there is no instant click to get you back to the page or to the index or whatever.
At least that's how it is for me - there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of the page, so you have to go back up the page manually and click on the CEO heading to change threads.

Ideally, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to continue to explore other subjects on CEO, don't you ? (Without giving them time to think that they should be doing something else ? :) )
Ah, yes, that was the other thing I noticed right off the back!

If it's a 3-page thread, I have to manually type in the next page number, not just "next" at that bottom like before. I'm sure OD can sort that. :thumb:

Thx
yeah, the whole page number thing pisses me off as well. working on it.

as for the page titles, resolved back to how the other system does them.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Anchor Moy wrote:And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
And what about ^ this, OD?

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
And what about ^ this, OD?
zero clue. nothing on the server about an outage... and i've been hitting it pretty constantly all morning while making these updates to debug/check stuff and had zero issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic