Lad hung himself after mom refused to get him a wife

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kandal: Because he was upset with his mother as she refused to get him a wife, the young man decided to hang himself in the house.

The corpse was found by the relative around 1:30 pm on 23 April 2015 in Srah Pou village, Phsar dek commune, Kandal province.

According to the report from police, the victim names Hem Chok, 20 years old.

The motive led to the tragedy, the young man asked his mother to betroth him with the girl in the same community. Then his mother told him that she doesn't have money. You need to wait until I get the loan from the organisation. After that he replied, if you don't go to betroth her for me I will commit suicide.

Having hear what her son said, she was so worried. She immediately went to borrow the money from the organisation/ micro finance. Then when she arrived home, her son already hung himself.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Lad hung himself after mom refused to get him a wife

Post by vladimir »

Very sad. Chekov/Miller/Steinbeck would have understood.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

i have no sympathy for this lad. His family should not have felt guilty. I can't imagine how he would treat his wife if he managed to get married with her. He is such a really irresponsible and impatient dude.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i dont think i could hang myself, i'd be the kind of idiot that try do it and it not work or something
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

He should have been patient a bit. He was too young to get married!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I am a lot more older than him and i have never thought about getting married yet.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

:p
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Samouth wrote:i have no sympathy for this lad. His family should not have felt guilty. I can't imagine how he would treat his wife if he managed to get married with her. He is such a really irresponsible and impatient dude.
I agree completely. He tried to manipulate his mother and he would probably treat his wife very poorly. I say there's no loss, as long as the mother gets her loan money back.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:i have no sympathy for this lad. His family should not have felt guilty. I can't imagine how he would treat his wife if he managed to get married with her. He is such a really irresponsible and impatient dude.
I agree completely. He tried to manipulate his mother and he would probably treat his wife very poorly. I say there's no loss, as long as the mother gets her loan money back.
It happens a lots in the province. It is all about culture and ignorance of people. In the province, people tend to get married in young age and most of them don't have their own money for the wedding. They would do whatever to force their parents to get them a wife. I think this has something to do with ignorance. Most them don't go to school and never learn how to hold their own responsibilities and critical thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic