Aircraft Safety

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Aircraft Safety

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I read this one on Thai Visa today and can't quite believe it. Given the circumstances mentioned by the passengers I would have been wanting off this one as soon as it landed. The fact the pilot was going to fly again even though they have now admitted a new spare part was needed is seriously concerning.

Air Macau aborts flight after passengers revolt

BANGKOK: -- Air Macau Airbus plane with 175 Thai and Chinese passengers forced the pilot to abort its flight to Macau yesterday after they felt unsafe for the second take-off from Suvarnabhumi airport.

The NX885 flight took off from Suvarnabhumi yesterday but returned to the airport an hour later after encountering trouble.

No explanation was given to the passengers after the plane touched down the airport an hour after take-off.

The 175 passengers, 36 of them are Thais from two tour groups, were left inside the plane waiting for two hours and were not explained by either the pilot and the hostesses.

When asked by a Thai passenger Bundit Emanukul, a hostess just said poor weather condition forced the plane to return.

But others were also explained that the plane returned to the airport to refuel, according to a passenger telling Channel 3’s “Ruang Lao Chao Nee” morning news programme.

After two hours in the plane, passengers were heard again from the pilot that the plane would take off in two minutes.

Upon hearing the plane would take off again in two minutes, all the Thai passengers reacted with uncertainty and some even feared for their safety.

They rose up to their feet and refused to fly again.

A brief chaos reined the plane when all passengers decided to walk out.

One passenger said he felt something unusual when the plane was airborne for almost an hour but still was flying at low altitude, or just above rooftop.

Another female passenger also told Channel 3 that the plane should have flown at high altitude if it was on a long trip.

But it stayed at same low altitude for an hour and later returned to the airport, she said.

She also said there was no explanation from the pilot only a hostess reasoning of poor weather.

Another passenger also felt the plane might have trouble when he heard the engine was escalated all the time like starting a motorcycle.

Besides he felt the plane was tossing and shaking and flying unusually low as rooftops could be seen, he said.

Contacted by Channel 3 this morning Air Macau Bangkok supervisor Ekkachai Veerawat admitted that the plane had engine trouble, and now spare part has been sent to replace.

He said repair was expected to be finished and ready for fly again at 1 am tonight.

He said all passengers were arranged to stay at hotels.

Source: http://englishnews.t...ssengers-revolt
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Aircraft Safety

Post by Sailorman »

I looked at the Angkor-Air schedule and the number of airplanes they have and there doesn't seem to be any time for maintenance. Fly it until the wheels fall off?
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^^ I've often wondered about that myself. They usually wait until something breaks & then they just cancel flights. Since they rent 'em, I'm hoping that Vietnam Air substitutes their planes when CAA needs shop time. That would make too much sense though. Since they don't fly direct PNH to BKK anymore, I don't have to worry about it.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sailorman wrote:I looked at the Angkor-Air schedule and the number of airplanes they have and there doesn't seem to be any time for maintenance. Fly it until the wheels fall off?
What wheels?

They have wheels now?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic