My near death experience in the Cardamoms

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: My near death experience in the Cardamoms

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Lexus - "Is this a reference to a movie or something? "

The photo you posted shows what looks to be a man with one arm.
Camel Blue
Expatriate

Post by Camel Blue »

Great story - great read. Thanks for sharing
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:Finally know you are now... I spent many sleepless nights on this, and then you just give it away! :assasin:
Give it away?! I told you last week that I'd post something that would give it away. If I didn't want you to know what my handle was, you never would have known... Trust me ;-). I've been poking fun at your for so long though that I figured it was only fair... Also, by posting this, I've simultaneously (and knowingly) "outed" myself to not only you, but also another guy (whose handle on either forum -if he has one- I don't know). I'm slipping... Pretty soon, so many people will know my real identity that I'll have to stop posting my weekly opium den and whorehouse reviews!
But those reviews were my favourite! I honestly had no idea, but always thought your username was funny.

You were poking fun at me, what?!? I never noticed, maybe I'm immune to your banter?

I'll see you in a few days and we'll settle this in a gentlemanly way.

You know what I'm talking about Lone Wolf.

:assasin:
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Poking fun in person is what I meant... Couldn't poke too much online lest I reveal my identity (but boy was I tempted by that "beer break" post of yours). And yes, we'll settle this... I'm brushing the dust off my grandfather's old teak dueling pistol case as I type.

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:Lexus - "Is this a reference to a movie or something? "

The photo you posted shows what looks to be a man with one arm.
Hah! Hadn't noticed that. He definitely had two arms (and he was the villager, not a ranger).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Milord wrote:
That reminds me. Could you list your recommended Travel bag Kit?

Spares, food, water, meds, splint, ties, rope, plug, light, etc. ???

REPLY VIA PM (with permission to post)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
Sorry, just saw this. I usually always bring plenty of water, some calorie-dense food, headlamp, lighter (or fire starter), knife+multitool, a few wrenches. Most people I know also bring a spare rear tube, maybe a clutch cable or other spare parts they deem necessary. I've been lucky in that I've never had a mechanical breakdown out in the bush (besides having to bend back a clutch pedal after a crash and small stuff like that). If a group goes riding, a rope is also useful (had to tow a friend once).
ps. I noted in a Loas ride that a pair of Vice-Grips was used to replace a broken gear selector.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Poking fun in person is what I meant... Couldn't poke too much online lest I reveal my identity (but boy was I tempted by that "beer break" post of yours). And yes, we'll settle this... I'm brushing the dust off my grandfather's old teak dueling pistol case as I type.
I'm still on Sabbatical; ya know I am or else I would have left last night with you to whatever dodgy place you were off to.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic