Pattaya Hooters (not Hookers) - Largest Intl location

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Pattaya Hooters (not Hookers) - Largest Intl location

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Atlanta, GA (RestaurantNews.com) Hooters today revealed plans to open the largest international Hooters location in Pattaya, Thailand, later this year. Hooters franchisee Destination Resorts Co., Ltd., brings the 11,000 square foot, 564-seat Hooters location to Pattaya, a thriving tourist destination and one of Asia’s most popular dining and entertainment resorts. The venture is part of a 30 restaurant development agreement recently signed by Destination Resorts Co. to expand Hooters presence throughout Southeast Asia.

“Gary Murray and his talented team at Destination Resorts Co. are exemplary partners to bring this iconic Hooters to such a flagship market in the Southeast Asia region,” said Mark Whittle, senior vice president of global development, Hooters of America, LLC.

Hooters Pattaya is slated to open in early August on Beach Road, directly across from Pattaya Beach along the Gulf of Thailand. Approximately one hour from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, Pattaya is a lively beach town that draws visitors from around the world. The contemporary space will feature two bars, 50 high-definition televisions and two outdoor patios where guests can relax and take in the scenic views. The “Wild West” themed restaurant will allow locals and tourists to experience great fun, delicious food, world-famous chicken wings and unrivalled Hooters Girl hospitality.

“With the popularity of the Pattaya Beach area and its multicultural mix of locals, tourists and expats, we saw it as the ideal setting for one of the world’s largest Hooters,” said Gary Murray, CEO, Destination Resorts Co. “We successfully introduced the Hooters dining concept to Thailand last year with Hooters Phuket, and look forward to expanding our footprint in the second most visited city in Thailand.”

Recruitment for more than 75 local Hooters Girls from Pattaya and neighboring cities begins in April. A hiring road tour is scheduled to pass through Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, Korat, Pattaya and Udon Thani in search of fun, friendly and outgoing personalities to sport the iconic Orange Shorts and represent the global Hooters brand. The future Miss Hooters International 2015, who will be crowned in June during the annual Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant in Las Vegas, will play a prominent role at the Hooters of Pattaya grand opening celebration.

Will add my take later as I keep losing my post. Feel free to add pics of your favourite Hooters Hottie below, the darker the better please :Yahoo!:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pattaya Hooters (not Hookers) - Largest Intl location

Post by frank lee bent »

nice- will they have takeaway?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

frank lee bent wrote:nice- will they have takeaway?
What cracked me up Frank was the recruitment drive - " A hiring road tour is scheduled to pass through Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, Korat, Pattaya and Udon Thani in search of fun, friendly and outgoing personalities ".

What a novel strategy for the Pattaya " entertainment " scene. :lol: Which bring me to the central challenge facing an entertainment venue relying on their staffs big ( you know) personalities. How do you stop the best Hooters Hotties falling prey to the cashed up mongers looking for a prize catch, and how do you maintain the quality to keep attracting customers for overpriced food and drinks.

Hope they aren't knocking down my favourite Friday afternoon beer barfly perch to make room for the Hooters, no chance of my regular venue's staff being poached as their more likely to make it to Ripley's World of Horrors.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they should not need to travel far at all to recruit.

sounds like a scheme to bilk head office.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

we have one here in Phuket, next door to the hard rock cafe,
most expensive bar in phuket, nice smiling girls but way overpriced,
went in once an looked at the menu an left.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if only they made it an IHOP they could feature fried eggs and pancakes regionally and morphologically more harmonious.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

IHOP IS KING!!!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote:we have one here in Phuket, next door to the hard rock cafe,
most expensive bar in phuket, nice smiling girls but way overpriced,
went in once an looked at the menu an left.
Of the current offerings on beach road I would say they will be in direct competition with Hard Rock and Gullivers. Gullivers does well but I would imagine Hooters will be in the Hard Rock price bracket, ie way expensive.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

HR and hooters are on second road, across the street from the holiday inn.

never been in Gulliviers nor any of those other fake British pubs
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote:HR and hooters are on second road, across the street from the holiday inn.

never been in Gulliviers nor any of those other fake British pubs
Yeah, I was talking about the Pattaya locations, misunderstanding. Again it's personal preference but the only attractive thing about Gullivers for me is being able to sit outside at sundown overlooking the water, which sort of negates the effect of paying high prices for the snazzy interior themed decor and entertainment. Same with the Bangkok Gullivers, the outside is good to sit to watch a snapshot of the world go by.

I think having high level external seating overlooking the water will prove a good option for Hooters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic