Watergun Control...

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Watergun Control...

Post by OrangeDragon »

When waterguns are illegal, only criminals will have waterguns!

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/5 ... new-rules/

The Royal Thai Police said today that any vendor caught selling the high powered water pistols such as the two tube guns featured in the image above, will face up to five years in jail and up to 500,000 baht in fines.

Manufacturers of the guns face up to 10 years in jail and fines up to 1 million baht.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Watergun Control...

Post by Soi Dog »

You can really hurt people with those things. It's usually drunken, dumb-ass farang idiots getting carried away and trying to hit people in the eye or ear at close range, intentionally trying to inflict pain and injury. First reasonable thing the junta has done. :thumb:
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Although the police did not mention what would happen to people found using the guns, they have encouraged people to report vendors via their new hotline, 1166 – dedicated to the selling of illegal “weapons of splash destruction”.
lol that's the best part of the article right there at the end.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Soi Dog wrote:You can really hurt people with those things. It's usually drunken, dumb-ass farang idiots getting carried away and trying to hit people in the eye or ear at close range, intentionally trying to inflict pain and injury. First reasonable thing the junta has done. :thumb:

You are definitely right there. I am at this moment nursing a black eye and bruised lower eye socket from having a high pressure water gun rammed on my face on Saturday, by a couple of drunken pommie bums in Pattaya. Not the type shown in the photo , but they were selling plenty of them on the streets of Pattaya.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Duncan wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:You can really hurt people with those things. It's usually drunken, dumb-ass farang idiots getting carried away and trying to hit people in the eye or ear at close range, intentionally trying to inflict pain and injury. First reasonable thing the junta has done. :thumb:

You are definitely right there. I am at this moment nursing a black eye and bruised lower eye socket from having a high pressure water gun rammed on my face on Saturday, by a couple of drunken pommie bums in Pattaya. Not the type shown in the photo , but they were selling plenty of them on the streets of Pattaya.

I trust words were spoken?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Duncan wrote:

Ouch! Looks very painful. Sorry to say I'm not particularly surprised. I've witnessed horrible human behavior during Songkran there. It seems to bring the worst out of the worst types of people. Too many wanna-be tough-guy trouble makers...and they are almost always in a group. Some cock-knockers were going around spraying toxic chemicals in people's faces instead of water a few years back. Other's just try to provoke fights.

I hope you eye has no lasting damage.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Time for goggles or safety glasses
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

[. Too many wanna-be tough-guy trouble makers...and they are almost always in a group. Some cock-knockers were going around spraying toxic chemicals in people's faces instead of water a few years back. Other's just try to provoke fights.
.[/quote]

After this incident in soi 7, I decided to try to walk down soi 8. From second road to beach road and you could see from one end to the other , no one on the street except for idiots with high pressure water guns lined the side of the soi, waiting for a victim to target. My guess is that bar and restaurant owners don't want tourist as customers and are happy to have these idiots chase them away.

On the other hand Pattaya is doing something to attract back the ones they have chased away. They are ''refurbishing '' the beach . All the oil, rubbish and toxic shit that has washed off the roads, down the drains into the sea, is being pumped up with the sand onto the beach.

I watched as a Russian lady tourist with '' lilly white legs '' and a red rash up to her knees, put some white cream on her rash before again attempting to walk through the water.

Twenty years ago in Australia there was a lot of new cancers cases in my area in kids. A number well above the normal rate. For every case reported , a red dot was placed on a map giving the location of residence of the kids. There were two main clusters of dots, both on each side of a river that had beaches replenished with sand that had been pumped from the river.

Warning,,, Because children have soft and sensitive skin, don't let your kids play on beaches that have sand that has been pumped onto the beach.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic