Mikkeller Bar Bangkok - Mini review

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Mikkeller Bar Bangkok - Mini review

Post by Milord »

FreeSocrates! wrote:Nice review, will definately look this place up on my next visit.
Me too. :thumb:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Outstanding! Those beers look really nice. Just their colour makes me thirsty. I get tired really fast of Anchor/Angkor/Cambodia. Outstanding beers is one things Cambodia doesn't have much of yet. I love how you can get some nice snacks to go along with the beer (chili Wurtzen and what looks like a nice "hard" baguette). On trips back west I typically drink way more beer than I do here, despite it being slightly more expensive. It just feels nice to drink something that isn't a tasteless Lager sometimes... I'm also surprised you managed to drink so many despite not eating much. Those 8-9% can hit you hard after a while. Then again, you planned a whole trip around drinking beer, so at least you went all out! I sometimes go to La Patate and have some of their beers. They're refreshingly different from stock Asian beers.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Great review
As an ex card carrying member of CAMRA I'll definitely put this place on my list of places to visit.

Would be nice to have a beer that you don't have to put bloody ice in just so you can't taste how bad it is.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What was the damage for the whole night?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:What was the damage for the whole night?
Ah.. not quite sure. I think somewhere around 2500-3000 baht. You have to pay after every order and I didn't save all the receipts.
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I'm also surprised you managed to drink so many despite not eating much. Those 8-9% can hit you hard after a while. Then again, you planned a whole trip around drinking beer, so at least you went all out!
I have a lot of practice :D I also emptied the mini bar at the hotel before going to sleep. :lol:
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Great review
As an ex card carrying member of CAMRA I'll definitely put this place on my list of places to visit.
:thumb:

They don't serve real ale at Mikkeller's, but they do serve some really good ales..
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Squire, beggars can't be choosers and anything is better than the gnat's piss we have to drink here.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Another excellent report, thanks a lot! I've read about the place but forgotten about it, haven't been there yet... About time to change that! :beer3:
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Cheers OD.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic