A foreigner had his iphone snatched at st 51

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: A foreigner had his iphone snatched at st 51

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Why too many snatchers in this Kingdom???
Because there are so many poor and lazy ass people. I was riding my bicycle to riverside this morning. I saw so many homeless people with two or three kids lying down on the sidewalk along the river back. It doesn't look nice though. There are so many tourist there, where is the reputation of the country. However, it is less smell bad, as those moron just cleaned it a few weeks ago, but it is still dirty. Sad Sad Sad.
I know that every country has beggars and homeless,but why they don't try to find a job?? Many legal jobs in this Kingdom!!! I know that even in Singapore still has snatchers,but I do hate snatchers because many people around me met this problem and got injury :(((( I don't feel safe every time I travel even I don't have much money in my bag ,but the snatchers will not know if you have money or not.
Ok right, there are so many jobs available in Cambodia, take a guess how many expats are working in Cambodia. However, the thing is that they don't have capacity and ability to handle all those jobs. it needs a lot of effort from the government in order to deal with Cambodian beggars and homeless people. Government needs to provide them with vocational trainings in order to help build their capacity and create more employment opportunities, however, it is a very hard job though. There will be a lot of money need to be spent.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the big increases in sweatshop base rates and the very rapid garment factory development out past pochentong would suggest to me that yes, there are a lot of jobs out there.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

prahkeitouj wrote:Why too many snatchers in this Kingdom???
Luckily, I've never been a victim of snatchers! I'd cry if someone took my phone. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

General Mackevili wrote:Luckily, I've never been a victim of snatchers! I'd cry if someone took my phone. Image
I have once, I don't normally take my smart phone out drinking, but ended having a bit of an impromptu afternoon sesh one day, stupidly I used my phone whilst standing on the side of the road with my phone in my hand on the road side as opposed to the sidewalk side...very bad drills on my behalf! :facepalm: I was surprised at how quick the phone was snatched from my hand, but it could've easily been avoided if I had taken the usual precautions which are (normally) second nature to me...a few too many drinks and I let my guard down.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I did lose one phone to a burglary.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I also had never have my phone snatched, as i normally don't pick up any call while i am driving. It is really risky to pick up call when you are driving. The percentage of having your phone snatched is really high. I was so stupid a few times as i was driving late night with my phone in my pocket along with some cash. I heard so many people had been robbed during late night.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

General Mackevili wrote:I did lose one phone to a burglary.
Did you cry, GM?

I never lose my phone because it look too old. :p
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

prahkeitouj wrote:
Did you cry, GM?

Honestly, I laughed! I don't get too upset when bad things happen.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

General Mackevili wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Did you cry, GM?

Honestly, I laughed! I don't get too upset when bad things happen.
Maybe you laughed because it was beyond believe ? However, sorry to hear it.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:I also had never have my phone snatched, as i normally don't pick up any call while i am driving. It is really risky to pick up call when you are driving. The percentage of having your phone snatched is really high. I was so stupid a few times as i was driving late night with my phone in my pocket along with some cash. I heard so many people had been robbed during late night.
So next time you should leep somewhere near where you go then back home in the morning :p
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic