Have you visited all the 50 or 57 states according to Obama

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.

Have you visited all the 50 states or 57 states according to president Barack Obama?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 3
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Have you visited all the 50 or 57 states according to Obama

Post by Samouth »

I think this happens almost everywhere. Some People seems to have no desire to travel in their countries. For example, if you go ask 10 Cambodians, at least 6 or 7 of them have never been to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) and they somehow also have no desire to visit there. Similarly, Some Americans also have never been to Washington DC or go around to other states in the State. Some of them seems to prefer visiting foreign countries instead of The United State.

So i wonder how many people here have visited all the 50 states or 57 states according to president Barack Obama ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Have you visited all the 50 or 57 states according to Ob

Post by Cam Nivag »

Most Cambodians I have asked (bargirls) have been to Siem Reap at least once.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I've been to almost 40, but haven't been to all.

I visited about 25 States one summer when I was about 12.

We took a big pickup truck with a covered bed and zigzagged across the country and back, with a lot of time spent in Oregon or Washington State where we took care of horses on a friend's farm. We even rode the ponies around bareback, and I feel off once and the damn thing stepped on my head.

That was the first time I've seen satellites. We'd take sleeping bags and spend the night wherever we wanted in the mountains near the farm. Was amazed by what you can see in space without city lights and pollution blocking almost everything.

I was one of the few kids in high school that had been up to New York, and it was almost unheard of to have visited the West Coast.

I would say my family has always traveled a lot more than most American families, with most of us having lived abroad for random reasons or another.

That said, my father (redneck) had never left the USA.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

General Mackevili wrote:...We even rode the ponies around bareback...
I always knew you were a dirty bird lol
General Mackevili wrote:...and I feel off once and the damn thing stepped on my head.
It's all starting to make sense now.

Anyway, I've been to about 30 I'd say, all on the east coast and going into the mid west. And a few territories. I'd like to see more but doubt I will.

And of course every bar girl has been to siem reap, that's a no brainier lol
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Cam Nivag wrote:Most Cambodians I have asked (bargirls) have been to Siem Reap at least once.
I don't know about bargirl. But if you go ask people in the provinces. You will see.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:I've been to almost 40, but haven't been to all.

I visited about 25 States one summer when I was about 12.

We took a big pickup truck with a covered bed and zigzagged across the country and back, with a lot of time spent in Oregon or Washington State where we took care of horses on a friend's farm. We even rode the ponies around bareback, and I feel off once and the damn thing stepped on my head.

That was the first time I've seen satellites. We'd take sleeping bags and spend the night wherever we wanted in the mountains near the farm. Was amazed by what you can see in space without city lights and pollution blocking almost everything.

I was one of the few kids in high school that had been up to New York, and it was almost unheard of to have visited the West Coast.

I would say my family has always traveled a lot more than most American families, with most of us having lived abroad for random reasons or another.

That said, my father (redneck) had never left the USA.
This is really grate GM. You almost have been to the 50 states. For me, i haven't been to all the provinces in Cambodia yet. I guess there are 6 or 7 provinces that i haven't been to but will do in the future.

By the way, when did yo start to travel alone?

Oh sorry for falling off the pony. My dad owns roughly a dozen of water buffalo and i used to ride them around. I also fell off several times. I actually know how it feels. :)

MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Well I've never barebacked ponies like GM, but I have visited 49 states, though many just briefly. I've been in the Hawaii airport but never left the terminal, so that is the 1 I haven't been to. Having seen the rest, I conclude the Pacific Northwest (where I hail from) is the best. The south is obviously the worst, with Florida winning (losing) easily. I do really like Atlanta, GA though.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I haven't been to North Dakota. Maybe later this year, just to go.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Cam Nivag wrote:I haven't been to North Dakota. Maybe later this year, just to go.
It's just like South Dakota...only further to the north.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:Well I've never barebacked ponies like GM, but I have visited 49 states, though many just briefly. I've been in the Hawaii airport but never left the terminal, so that is the 1 I haven't been to. Having seen the rest, I conclude the Pacific Northwest (where I hail from) is the best. The south is obviously the worst, with Florida winning (losing) easily. I do really like Atlanta, GA though.
Wow MM, you have already visited all that states on the mainland. I wonder did you mostly travel by plane or train or bus? Is the transportation there really expensive ?

What made you think the south is obviously the worst ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic