Goodluck Jonathan Loses the Nigerian Presidential Elections

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Goodluck Jonathan Loses the Nigerian Presidential Elections

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Lagos: This is the first time in Nigeria that the opposition has ever one the presidential election!

Nigeria election: Muhammadu Buhari wins

Muhammadu Buhari has won Nigeria's presidential polls, in the country's first election victory by the opposition.
His party said his opponent, the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan, admitted defeat and congratulated him.
Gen Buhari was ahead of Mr Jonathan by at least two million votes.
Observers have generally praised the election but there have been allegations of fraud, which some fear could lead to protests and violence.
However, a spokesman for Gen Buhari's All Progressives Congress (APC) party praised Mr Jonathan, saying: "He will remain a hero for this move. The tension will go down dramatically."
"Anyone who tries to foment trouble on the account that they have lost the election will be doing so purely on his own," the spokesman added in quotes carried by Reuters.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32139858
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Loses the Nigerian Presidential Electi

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lagos: This is the first time in Nigeria that the opposition has ever one the presidential election!
Hate to be cynical, but this is probably also the first time that the negatives outweigh the positives for the next President of Nigeria.
It will not be enough to sit on one's fat ass and wait for the oil money to roll in; he may have to actually do some work.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Yeah, and it seems like it hinged on LazyFuck Jonathan not doing enough about Boko Harem.

Maybe it only happened because he wanted it to, in the big picture. He wasn't doing anything right it seems, and he also called to congratulate his opposition, which makes it seem like he don't give a fuck.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Now Goodluck Jonathon can take up the more lucrative Nigerian profession of email scamming and getting hapless women in 3rd world countries to smuggle narcotics about the globe.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

there is some thing funny about 'Goodluck Jonathan Loses the Nigerian Presidential'

Boko Harem is that the dyslexic tribute band that sings 'Whiter Shade of Pale' ?

:popcorn:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He fired the highly regarded Central Bank Governor who dared to raise the issue of the shortfalls in revenue received by the state oil company and then remitted to the government. Sad indictment of how Nigeria still functions for the benefit of the political elite and their cronies.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doesn't look like things can get much worse for the Nigerians.
(Though they probably will unfortunately.)

And Goodluck with the military interventions - another one of those armies where the main activity is shaking down civilians and being promoted to General.
And frankly, when you have to order size XXXXXL uniforms for your troops, maybe they need some exercise ?
I'm no expert but those big fat beer-swilling guys with reflecting sunglasses don't inspire me with confidence - but, hey, what do I know. There must be a reason that so many countries have chosen this model of military 8)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic