On this day of worship.........

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: On this day of worship.........

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:Jesus had such nice hair. When I'm in a funeral in a church I'm always wondering, did they have shampoo back then, if so what would Jesus use?
Head and Shoulders. When you want to rise above the rest.
Na, I'll think you'll find that Head and Shoulders was Stephen Hawking's favourite.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
MoodyMonkey
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by MoodyMonkey »

Mary used Edmonds baking powder in the scones she baked for the last supper.

There are no letters in the mailbox, there are no grapes upon the vine, there are no chocolates in the boxes anymore and there are no diamonds in the mine.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
FreeSocrates! wrote:Jesus had such nice hair. When I'm in a funeral in a church I'm always wondering, did they have shampoo back then, if so what would Jesus use?
Head and Shoulders. When you want to rise above the rest.
Na, I'll think you'll find that Head and Shoulders was Stephen Hawking's favourite.

picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

joke Poker,

The original message is one thing and how it is practiced is another.

Organized religion opiate of the masses. I always liked that line.

picooie
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I love that reasoning that the message is great, but men pervert it.

Uuh, but how would an omniscient God know that would happen?

Save it for the uneducated.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:I love that reasoning that the message is great, but men pervert it.
Me too.
Uuh, but how would an omniscient God know that would happen?
I know you're not looking for a theological discussion, but that's the whole point.
Save it for the uneducated.
I'm happy to wear that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Vlad, you've got to get over your 3 obsessions.

God, the rich and that teacher you despise.

I know you in real life and it's the same stuff too, at least you're consistent.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Something I learned long ago (related to divorce) - the opposite of love is NOT hate, it's indifference. My experience is that people who are most vocal about God are not expressing unbelief, but how much they think God has failed them. Most often, it's the Christian church or it's individual members that have failed them - and that I can relate to.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

StroppyChops wrote:Something I learned long ago (related to divorce) - the opposite of love is NOT hate, it's indifference. My experience is that people who are most vocal about God are not expressing unbelief, but how much they think God has failed them. Most often, it's the Christian church or it's individual members that have failed them - and that I can relate to.
I just wanted to ditto this post. Nicely written and I believe this is true!
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

StroppyChops wrote:Something I learned long ago (related to divorce) - the opposite of love is NOT hate, it's indifference. My experience is that people who are most vocal about God are not expressing unbelief, but how much they think God has failed them. Most often, it's the Christian church or it's individual members that have failed them - and that I can relate to.
If someone doesn't believe in a god's existence, isn't it absurd to consider they could be angry with him?

How can you be angry at something you don't believe in? It's like someone being angry at fairies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic