310 House: Rooms For Rent

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
The_Notorious_N.E.D.
Expatriate
United States of America

310 House: Rooms For Rent

Post by The_Notorious_N.E.D. »

I recently took out a long term lease on a very large tower-like house on Street 310. Here's a Google Maps link to the location:

http://goo.gl/maps/XcXDR

#322 Street 310, Boeng Keng Kang 2, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 12302.

(The whole "322 Go" thing you see on the map is an obscure reference to the Joy Division song "Warsaw" where the singer yells "3-5-Oh 1-2-5 Go" at the beginning... So instead: 3-1-0 3-2-2 go! ... Yeah, I wasn't a marketing major in college, unfortunately. 310 House works fine, too.)

The house is gorgeous. It isn't entirely furnished yet, but the furniture it does have is all carved and polished wood and I will be looking to purchase high quality (but more comfortable) chairs and so forth this weekend. The entire place was recently renovated, and everything is nice and new feeling. There is a gigantic two-room kitchen on the ground floor that will be shared by all tenants. All the bedrooms have a private bathroom en suite with really nice furnishings and a shower stall with hot water.

The 4th floor will have a bar in it open to the public to take advantage of the amazing balcony, run by someone who is already a successful bar owner here in town, but I'll leave it to him to announce it when he's ready.

The lobby will have some sort of business, possibly a cafe or restaurant but it could be a shop or just about anything, I'm still looking for a tenant if anyone has any ideas. The live-in tenants will receive discounts (TBD) from both businesses on food and drink (and in the case of the lobby, whatever else they might sell possibly, we'll see.)

The kitchen is large enough to accommodate the people living there and a restaurant, believe it or not, and the 4th floor will have its own facilities. I'll equip the kitchen with all of the necessary utensils and appliances including dishes and so forth.

The following rooms are available for rent. Deposit of 1 month's rent required.

The price includes:

*** All bills. Electric, water, garbage, internet (Open Net 8Mpbs plan, over WiFi), cable TV.

*** A maid to clean your space as often as you'd like to arrange it with her, and a caretaker/guard on duty 24/7.

*** There is secure moto parking at the front of the building, inside the gates.

*** The kitchen will be fully equipped with appliances and utensils.

*** Linens for the beds are provided and will be refreshed every two weeks (unless you spill on them or something, then they can be changed immediately.) Laundry service available, details aren't hashed out yet but probably once per week for free.

+++ I plan on setting up a TV lounge for use by tenants and their guests as well (it will have a bigger screen than the bedroom TVs, with couches etc. Possibly a projector instead of a regular screen, we'll see.)

FOR RENT - SHORT OR LONG TERM. Rents listed are monthly, short term rents may average a higher price per day, it can be negotiated.

(1 left available) $300: Bedroom with private bathroom. TV, fridge, AC, big carved wood bed, other furnishings.

(2 left available) $350: Large bedroom with private bathroom. Carved wood furnishings, TV, fridge, AC. Nice big closet/wardrobe to match.

(1 left available) $400: Huge bedroom with private bathroom. Carved wood furnishings, massive closet and storage cabinets built into the wall. TV, fridge, AC. Private balcony. Option on smaller 2nd room attached to it available at a higher rent, will have to be discussed.

I realize that those prices aren't cheap. Neither is the house, all the bills, or the staff and you get what you pay for. If it was high season and I was more ambitious, I'd be doing a boutique hotel or something. Maybe in the future. Instead, it's a boutique apartment building.

The advantages to renting from me instead of your typical landlord are too numerous to list comprehensively here, but I'll give you a few:

--- I don't sign people to long-term leases or contracts. If you are a monthly renter, you can vacate at any time with 2 weeks notice and no penalty. If notice isn't given, unless it is an emergency situation or something, I'll deduct 2 weeks worth of rent from your deposit (along with any damages, but one hopes that there won't be any) and then return it to you. If you are renting on weekly terms or shorter than a monthly basis, we'll discuss what would best suit your needs and come to an agreement, but it will be similarly flexible.

--- I'm fair, reasonable, and honest: I will not try to cheat you out of your deposit like most of the local landlords here will attempt to do. If you are late on the rent, it isn't the end of the world as long as you communicate with me. I will treat you like a person deserving of respect, kindness, and consideration, no matter who you are or where you're from.

--- I am usually on-site, friendly, approachable, and easy to contact when off-site. and I will be responsive if anything goes wrong ... yet I'm not particularly concerned with how you live your life or what you do as long as it doesn't negatively impact the building or other tenants. There is no morals clause, just make sure that whatever you do doesn't cause problems for others, and you will be left to do it in privacy and peace.

--- You can be as extroverted or introverted as you'd like to be. There will be public spaces on two floors and plenty of opportunities to meet people. Or if you'd prefer you can be introverted and keep to yourself. Nobody is going to come knocking on your door unless you are expecting them (that's an actual rule we'll have. My door can be knocked on day or night. Tenants doors - absolutely not, unless you have spoken with them via phone or whatever first and they are expecting you. You will not be pestered by constant drop-ins just because the building has public spaces in it.)

--- My staff are English speaking and happy to translate for you or help you in whatever capacity you require. I can answer any and all questions that you might have regarding Phnom Penh or Cambodia as I've lived here for about 3 years, and if I don't know the answer I guarantee that I know people who do that are just a phone call away.

I am also willing to rent out the rooms for short term stays of even a week or two if there are no longer-term tenants available, but priority will be given to long term renters.

The rooms will be available June 1st, essentially. They are available to view now, but I'm still in the process of furnishing them and the building itself and will be for probably the first few weeks of June, but obviously if a room gets rented then it will be given priority and I'll finish setting it up quickly. If you want to move in June 1st, you can do so, but your room may not have every amenity in it for the first couple of days.

Pictures: My HTC One has the weird manufacturer's defect where it turns everything purple, and as I said the rooms aren't fully set up yet (I'm waiting on a wire transfer due Saturday), but I will borrow a camera or phone from someone and get some decent pictures soon. If you'd like to see it in person just contact me.

Ned Kelly

088-621-8962 (call or text, but if I don't answer when you call then send a text message so I know to call you back and what it's regarding.)

[email protected]

#322 Street 310, Boeng Keng Kang 2, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 12302.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: 310 House: Rooms For Rent

Post by StroppyChops »

Can't take you up on it, but nicely worded ad Ned. If I was chasing a shared house, this ad would tick all the boxes for me.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 310 House: Rooms For Rent

Post by EdinWigan »

I agree, just a real shame it isn't in Siem Reap
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic