India outdoes Cambodia on exam cheating

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BawBawFett
Expatriate

Re: India outdoes Cambodia on exam cheating

Post by BawBawFett »

India arrests hundreds over Bihar school cheating

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-31998343
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I hate to be so cynical, but it really looks the authorities only (re)acted because of the scandal.
About 300 people have been arrested in the Indian state of Bihar, authorities say, after reports emerged of blatant cheating in school exams.

Parents and friends of students were photographed climbing school walls to pass on answers.

Many of those arrested were parents. At least 750 students have been expelled.

An estimated 1.4m students are taking their school leaving exams in Bihar alone - tests seen as crucial for their chances of a successful career.

The authorities have clearly been embarrassed by the cheating, the BBC's Jill McGivering says, with the episode prompting ridicule on social media.

Students were seen copying answers from smuggled-in note sheets, and police posted outside test centres were even seen being bribed to look the other way.
BawBawFett
Expatriate

Post by BawBawFett »

Agreed. This sort of thing happens all the time in many countries. If it hadn't become mainstream news the 'authorities' would have let it slide like always.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Hehe remind me Cambodia during 1990s-2003. Some tied cheat sheets with stones and threw in the classroom. %)
It reminded what i was taking my final exam at high school. Someone tied cheat paper with stone and threw it into the exam room via window. Guess what, it hit the exam taker and it bloody broke his head.
Haha, did the student fail the exam?
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Hehe remind me Cambodia during 1990s-2003. Some tied cheat sheets with stones and threw in the classroom. %)
It reminded what i was taking my final exam at high school. Someone tied cheat paper with stone and threw it into the exam room via window. Guess what, it hit the exam taker and it bloody broke his head.
i couldn't remember. It has been so long. :oops:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Samouth wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:
He's probably working for the govt now ...
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Samouth wrote:
MekongMouse wrote:
Samouth wrote:
He's probably working for the govt now ...
Maybe, a lot of my friends are now working for the government. Most of them have their own string. I hope they will not repeat the old generation.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic