Greeting from Albania, just as usual...

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Harold69
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Greeting from Albania, just as usual...

Post by Harold69 »

Harold69 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:52 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:25 pm damn you @Doc67 I read somewhere that nothing betrays your age more then the slang you wont let go of.

I always say "Dope" when meaning something good/positive etc.
Sorry if I am projecting, but I don't think anyone cares.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:30 am
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:12 am So thats a flight from Phuket to Bangkok, stayed there a few nights then another flight to Oslo (my second time here). Entered the Schengen Zone for us non EU people here then had a flight to Poland. I bussed it to an apartment i rented off the Internet which was fab. Stayed here for a week then bussed it again to Budapest. One things for sure tourism in Europe has gone through the roof this summer. Hoping for a slower fall season where its not so busy.

I took another flight from Budapest... to Albania.. my 4th time here and went back to get my stuff that was in storage, now here i sit yet again.

Going to lay low and relax a little while, then make another plan, probably going to go back to my usual haunts around Europe to meet some friends i met in 2022 and 2021.
Curious.. you goin all over. You don't prefer to settle for longer period in one area? get to know it more? Obv I am projecting but was curious what you feel the advantages are
Actually, i prefer a little of both, travel and relax in one place. This was part of the master plan, so i had left Albania 18 months ago with the intention to go back to rest, after i went to Asia the second time, I just didnt know when i would return. So I just took an indirect path so that i could see a few more sites. Also because here in Albania i found this nice landlord so theres no reason to switch to another place as a home, hes held my place for me so that i can call i home sweet home for a little while, maybe 30 to 60 days. Now i even got my stuff back as well that i had left 18 months ago.

Theres actually two places i call home in Europe, one is here and the other is Tenerife. I set up shop over there as well, but not quite as homey, its just that i like this area and am familiar with it and i met a few people around town there, which is a really laid back surf town. The rest of europe is just travel sites, also i rarely go back to the USA.of course i like ASia but not for the same reasons as i like Europe.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

BklynBoy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:25 pm damn you @Doc67 I read somewhere that nothing betrays your age more then the slang you wont let go of.

I always say "Dope" when meaning something good/positive etc.
The correct way to use the word 'dope':

:beer1:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Can we blame @Doc67 for derailing this thread? or i am at fault for using slang? Honestly, people code switch. When I am at work-- if i have a job, I act/speak one way and if w/ my friends I speak another. If I am w/ @General Mackevili. I may speak another way
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:34 am Can we blame @Doc67 for derailing this thread? or i am at fault for using slang? Honestly, people code switch. When I am at work-- if i have a job, I act/speak one way and if w/ my friends I speak another. If I am w/ @General Mackevili. I may speak another way
Can we blame @Doc67 for derailing this thread?

Absolutely! The mods were asleep on the job on this one. I should be reported.
Harold69
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Harold69 »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:34 am Can we blame @Doc67 for derailing this thread? or i am at fault for using slang? Honestly, people code switch. When I am at work-- if i have a job, I act/speak one way and if w/ my friends I speak another. If I am w/ @General Mackevili. I may speak another way
Honestly, people code switch. When you are at work-- if you have a job, you act/speak one way and if w/friends you speak another. If you are w/ @General Mackevili or with @Doc67 or with anyone else, I suggest you speak another way. That would certainly clarify things for all concerned. Thank you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic