It was bound to happen sooner or later ...

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: It was bound to happen sooner or later ...

Post by John Bingham »

So can you run some of your new jokes past us? We already figured you weren't funny but there might be some shaudenfraude from hearing about how you died on your arse. So to speak.💀😎
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Elon Musk has been in the news a lot recently ... some people don't care for Elon ... but I think he is an interesting guy ... always coming up with these high tech ideas and stuff ... personally, I have nothing against him ... my problem is with the entire Musk family ... even after they shower, they still smell weird.

#rimshot
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:08 am Elon Musk has been in the news a lot recently ... some people don't care for Elon ... but I think he is an interesting guy ... always coming up with these high tech ideas and stuff ... personally, I have nothing against him ... my problem is with the entire Musk family ... even after they shower, they still smell weird.

#rimshot
Mr Bingham must be rolling in the aisles with that one. :whip:
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:58 pm Well here is a little good & positive news ... wallet is found ... personally, I think we have a naughty ghost here ... playing naughty tricks on Mateo ... wife came home and embarked in a no-holds bar inspection of every nook & cranny in our small abode ... was in the WC under the sink ... how it got there is a HUGE mystery ... I say ghost!
Your WC is under your sink? Don't you find that a little .. er.. cramping?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Not sure exactly what you said there ... but I am going with "yes."
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:51 pm It is hard to do Khmer comedy it seems - a very visual/slapstick approach tends to work best.

I concocted my own joke when I found out "choo" was Khmer for pain;
"What did the Khmer guy say when he got hit by a train?"
"Choo choo!"

... absolutely bombed on nearly every Khmer I have tried it on, comments like "trains don't sound like choo choo, they go brrrrrr.. etc." Gutted.
I understand the train driver ran away. The police are on the lookout for a Mr Rotha Pleung
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

khmerhamster wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:39 am
Spigzy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:51 pm It is hard to do Khmer comedy it seems - a very visual/slapstick approach tends to work best.

"Choo choo!"

... absolutely bombed on nearly every Khmer I have tried it on, comments like "trains don't sound like choo choo, they go brrrrrr.. etc." Gutted.
I understand the train driver ran away. The police are on the lookout for a Mr Rotha Pleung
Haha, that is a gem of an addition, I will try it out again later & report back whether it has swung the scales in my favour! :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:45 pm

"Choo choo!"

Haha, that is a gem of an addition, I will try it out again later & report back whether it has swung the scales in my favour! :hattip:
Well how did it go Spigz? Don’t keep us in suspenders.
Do I have a future as a joke writer?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

khmerhamster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 am

"Choo choo!"

Tried it last night - sank faster than the Titanic, I can't believe it."Yes but it isn't Rotha, it is Roteh...."

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:08 am
khmerhamster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 am

"Choo choo!"

Tried it last night - sank faster than the Titanic, I can't believe it."Yes but it isn't Rotha, it is Roteh...."

Yep, I got a similar response.
‘Don’t you know the word for train, bong?’
It’s difficult to get word play to work.

But then the ‘how do you get from o’russey to Olympic?’ Joke gets them howling.

The answer is ‘by boat’ because the oh sound at the start of each word is similar to the word to row/paddle a boat.
I’m wasted here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic