Microsoft Windows's Creepy Move to Spy on Everything You Do With AI

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Microsoft Windows's Creepy Move to Spy on Everything You Do With AI

Post by phuketrichard »

I use win 11 But, luckily i dont have it :-)
Microsoft has received a power-up of sorts ever since they teamed up with OpenAI to integrate AI-powered tools into their products. The most popular one among those is Copilot.

It has become a big marketing point for Microsoft, which has now given birth to a new line of computers under the Copilot+ PC program.

There are many offerings from Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. that are set to come equipped with Snapdragon X series processors with an on-board NPU for handling AI tasks.

However, there is a worrying aspect that these PCs will also come equipped with.

Called “Recall”, this AI-powered feature, when active, will take screenshots of the screen you are working on every few seconds. It then stores the data for later fetching, where it provides you with a scrollable timeline to go back in time and look up what you were doing in the past.

Microsoft describes it as having a photographic memory and asserts that all snapshots taken using Recall are stored on the device itself. They are protected by the data encryption already present on the device.
https://news.itsfoss.com/microsoft-wind ... y-ai-move/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Microsoft Windows's Creepy Move to Spy on Everything You Do With AI

Post by Username Taken »

stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

I think recently my Surface Tablet tried to install Co Pilot, I opted out. This is probably a feature that can be turned off.

It reminds me that my sister in law is constantly have chats with Alexa. It listens all the time.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic