Husband caught wife sleeping with other man

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Husband caught wife sleeping with other man

Post by taabarang »

"prahkeitouj"]Cheater is still cheater! Cheat is not acceptable. I don't understand how can they live without trust each other

Easy, they probably or the woman at least was the victim of a traditional "arranged marriage" Until Cambodians stop looking at their daughters as a source of income like water buffalo, cattle, or chickens, marital unhappiness is likely to continue. Women are becoming better educated and and are finding an economic value separate from their chosen spouse. Until the value of female virginity prior to marriage disappears this sad form of enslavement will continue. Looking for a partner who is sexually naive is as silly as basing one'rs decision on one who is sexually experienced. There are so many other factors that must be considered. And visiting a fortune teller will not reveal them.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

taabarang wrote:"prahkeitouj"]Cheater is still cheater! Cheat is not acceptable. I don't understand how can they live without trust each other

Easy, they probably or the woman at least was the victim of a traditional "arranged marriage" Until Cambodians stop looking at their daughters as a source of income like water buffalo, cattle, or chickens, marital unhappiness is likely to continue. Women are becoming better educated and and are finding an economic value separate from their chosen spouse. Until the value of female virginity prior to marriage disappears this sad form of enslavement will continue. Looking for a partner who is sexually naive is as silly as basing one'rs decision on one who is sexually experienced. There are so many other factors that must be considered. And visiting a fortune teller will not reveal them.
Sometimes I don't like some part of my culture that keeps women in a well, and they can't see the ocean. I think being a son is luckier than being a daughter, he can go to school, doesn't need to do housework, can have girlfriend, can go far place.... ect. When I was young I envy my brother and other boys. I wondered what is the mistake of being a daughter? I was born in the city but I still get lost because I don't know many places. I never had boyfriend until I was 26. My first date when I was 23. My colleague dated me but I took 1 year to make decision to have dinner with him. :(
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Cheater is still cheater! Cheat is not acceptable. I don't understand how can they live without trust each other?
Sometimes there is trust but people make stupid decisions. A lot of times, alcohol plays a role. Or other substances.
For some people but sometimes it's excuse of a cheater.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
taabarang wrote:"prahkeitouj"]Cheater is still cheater! Cheat is not acceptable. I don't understand how can they live without trust each other

Sometimes I don't like some part of my culture that keeps women in a well, and they can't see the ocean. I think being a son is luckier than being a daughter, he can go to school, doesn't need to do housework, can have girlfriend, can go far place.... ect. When I was young I envy my brother and other boys. I wondered what is the mistake of being a daughter? I was born in the city but I still get lost because I don't know many places. I never had boyfriend until I was 26. My first date when I was 23. My colleague dated me but I took 1 year to make decision to have dinner with him. :(
Right, some parts of our culture are really fuck up. I think it is really time for all the girl and women to make a different. I agree that men and women should be equal. You have to voice your opinion. You need to disappear the old fashioned Cambodian's belief that girls are born to look after the kitchen. :thumb: :thumb:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Cheater is still cheater! Cheat is not acceptable. I don't understand how can they live without trust each other?
Sometimes there is trust but people make stupid decisions. A lot of times, alcohol plays a role. Or other substances.
For some people but sometimes it's excuse of a cheater.
I agree with you. I've never cheated in my life and I have certainly abused quite a few substances.

Still, it should not be a criminal matter. Not everything we think is wrong should be illegal. People need the freedom to live their lives. If a partner cheats, you end the relationship and move on.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

@Samouth, I hope more men think like you :-)
@MekongMouse, yes, that's true :-)
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Samouth wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 am For Cambodia culture, this is really serious. Some cases end up worse. i.e, they might have to divorce or the husband might have killed both his wife and her lover. However this case has an happy ending at the end. They eventually got back together and continue their couple life. It is really hard to find such an easy going and forgiving Cambodian guy when it comes to such case.
Samouth--I'm always glad to read your opinion, as you express it well and your English is infinitely better than my Khmer.

I do have to say that it's always rather fascinating to me to read stories about women in SE Asia cheating when it is such a common convention for men to party and go to the hostess bars, without a second thought. It's cheating when the woman does it. It's partying when the man does it. A double standard: wrong for the woman, acceptable for the man, going back to the old phrase: "Men are gold but women are cloth."

It's just a cultural difference, right?
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

(sorry, just realized that this was a really old thread, but it still caught my attention!)
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

It's still relevant today, sadly
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic