Yellow fever vaccination

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Yellow fever vaccination

Post by Apexisto »

Hi,

I wonder where to get Vaccination Certificate (Yellow Fever) in Siam Reap so I can apply for a visa to one nice country?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Yellow fever vaccination

Post by Freightdog »

Apexisto wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 am Hi,

I wonder where to get Vaccination Certificate (Yellow Fever) in Siam Reap so I can apply for a visa to one nice country?
The obvious answer would be the clinic where you had the vaccination.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Usually the place you got it will have made an entry in your vaccination passport (that yellow book). A copy of that page should be sufficient
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

:downtown:
Freightdog wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:17 pm

The obvious answer would be the clinic where you had the vaccination.
Logically (and realistically) speaking that's how it should be done.

Yet if the clinic closes down or changes locations, there is no record keeping, especially on a national level. Back in the early 2010's when our kid was born I topped up on my vaccinations and lost the book for them, clinic closed, ministry of health was no help.

If they're within your "projected" renewal date you may as well get a new one or consult a clinic here, more than likely a doctor will be able to issue you a new book with new vaccination dates without needing to be vaccinated.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Hi,

Where to get the yellow vaccination card then?

So I just go into any clinic in Siam Reap and then I ask for the vaccination?

I am just planning to travel to one country that requires that vaccination and I have no idea where to obtain that.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

You didn't reveal the name of this 'one nice country'. I imagined Brazil, but notice they no longer require yellow fever vaccination. Long time ago (20 years?) immigration there just took you to a medic to vaccinate you if this shot was missing. Neighbours like French Guyana, Suriname, Guyana, Bolivia and Paraguay still require travelers with recent entries into Brazil to show proof of vaccination though so be aware.

The vaccination is only effective if taken at least 10 days prior so authorities might also be interested in the date-stamp of the vaccination in the yellow carnet/vaccination passport. I even had my Covid shots added into it just-in-case, even though you needed different seperate documents to travel with.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

If I want to visit Uganda, I need to send them via online Visa application the proof of yellow fever vaccination so before I can proceed with the application I need to have this.

I just wonder are there any clinics giving the vaccine and is possible to get this yellow card or some other valid proof?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I received a yellow fever vaccine in Phnom Penh about 10 years ago. The place I went was next to Calmette hospital. You'll get a yellow booklet after receiving the vaccine. I traveled all over West Africa with it. Always had to show it on arrival at the airports.
This place here says it provides Yellow Fever vaccinations in Siem Reap.
https://www.neaktephospital.com/
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Pasteur Clinic on Monivong.
Boredom is like a shroud
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Cooldude wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm I received a yellow fever vaccine in Phnom Penh about 10 years ago. The place I went was next to Calmette hospital. You'll get a yellow booklet after receiving the vaccine. I traveled all over West Africa with it. Always had to show it on arrival at the airports.
This place here says it provides Yellow Fever vaccinations in Siem Reap.
https://www.neaktephospital.com/
Hi,

I checked that place and they did not have yellow fever vaccinations. It seems like PP calls and that clinic over there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic