Chili peppers from seed

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Chili peppers from seed

Post by Random Dude »

I was growing vegetables in pots, and when you buy the seeds the packet they come in tells you what conditions that particular plant needs to thrive, or even to germinate.

The amount of direct light, shade, soil types, temperature, watering are all factors.

Google what conditions the seeds require, it might be something as simple as too much direct sunlight, too much water, wrong type of soil etc.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Random Dude wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 pm I was growing vegetables in pots, and when you buy the seeds the packet they come in tells you what conditions that particular plant needs to thrive, or even to germinate.

The amount of direct light, shade, soil types, temperature, watering are all factors.

Google what conditions the seeds require, it might be something as simple as too much direct sunlight, too much water, wrong type of soil etc.
I suspect either GMO sterile stock ... or lack of pollinating insects due to the mass execution of all insect from chemical spraying campaign recently in PP. Chili peppers are no-brainers to grow. Hard to fu*k up ... similar to cannabis. But thanks dude.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am
Random Dude wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 pm I was growing vegetables in pots, and when you buy the seeds the packet they come in tells you what conditions that particular plant needs to thrive, or even to germinate.

I suspect either GMO sterile stock ... or lack of pollinating insects due to the mass execution of all insect from chemical spraying campaign recently in PP. Chili peppers are no-brainers to grow. Hard to fu*k up ... similar to cannabis. But thanks dude.
Hey, I know! Why don't you try adding some ash from the barbecue to the soil and water it in.
Nah, forget it. That's way too much trouble, much easier to speculate over sterile stock and chemical spraying. %)
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am

Hey, I know! Why don't you try adding some ash from the barbecue to the soil and water it in.
Nah, forget it. That's way too much trouble, much easier to speculate over sterile stock and chemical spraying. %)
One step ahead of bro ... that was the first thing I did when the flowers did not fruit. But thanks for you encouragement. #appreciate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic