Israel and Palestinian Conflict

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Israel and Palestinian Conflict

Post by newkidontheblock »

Yobbo wrote:
Art wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 am
DavidMurphy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:22 am 'Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. '" So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim--two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah.'

Their story is that they, unprovoked, attacked Israel from behind as they had just finished crossing the Red Sea, and Israel went to war with them. Because of this and their many other sins, God vowed to blot them out from under heaven (Ex. 17:14).
Yup, totally unprovoked LoL
Seems reasonable, right?
Peace
No matter what side you are on... innocent children, women, and men are being murdered. Fuck all religions!
Though I'm not religious, I am also not ignorant enough to blame religion;
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
- Thou shalt not covet.
Religion is not a reason for war.
It is contorted to be a weapon of war.
Since the Ten Commandments are quoted, here they are, in original order:

‘The Ten Commandments are as famous as they are powerful:

I am the LORD your God; you shall not have strange gods before me.
You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
Remember to keep holy the LORD’s Day.
Honor your father and mother.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.’

https://hallow.com/blog/10-commandments/

Prohibition on killing is only Number 5, Stealing is Number 7.

The top Commandment is obeying God. This supersedes all other commandments. The interpretation of this commandment (as well as the next 2), allows everything to be done.

The Koran has similar language. All prohibitions are off, as long as deals with non-believers.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Tootsfriend wrote:Iran, using Russian technology will target Israeli spy satellites in space , which are legitimate targets and are unprotected. This will create problems for USA also without directly targeting them.
You are now receiving tomorrows new , today.
Spy satellites are such a broad term that can cover almost all satellites. Iran plays a dangerous game. Iran destroying Israeli satellites will lead to Israel destroying Iranian satellites, possibly Russian satellites as well.

Satellites are used in weather forecasts, TV, internet, GPS, almost everything, this could be really damaging.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

BREAKING NEWS: Iran is attacking Israel with drones and missiles.

As we get closer to World War III, I'm just thankful we don't have mean tweets coming out of the Whitehouse (at least for a few more months, lol).

I'm shocked they are doing this, Biden told them "DON'T" four times!

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what did Israel expect?
They sent missiles into a foreign country, (Syria) and hit a foreign embassy killing Iranians on Foreign soil

YET>>>>>>>>>

This sets a new bar, Iran attacking from Iran NOT via a proxy in Jordon or Syria>>>

Iran has launched a wave of strikes toward Israel in retaliation for last week’s deadly Israeli strike on an Iranian embassy complex in Syria, in an unprecedented move by Tehran that could further widen the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.

Several dozen drones were launched from within Iran on Saturday, a senior US administration official told CNN, while an Israeli military officer put the number at “more than 100.” Iran state media confirmed that the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) had “launched extensive drone strikes against targets in occupied territories,” referring to Israel.

Iran has also launched missiles against Israel, according to Israeli and Iranian media.

Two US officials said US air defense systems in the Middle East had also intercepted some Iranian drones, but they did not specify where or how. US officials had previously told CNN the US would attempt to intercept any weapons launched at Israel if it was feasible to do so.
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/13/midd ... index.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:55 am BREAKING NEWS: Iran is attacking Israel with drones and missiles.

As we get closer to World War III, I'm just thankful we don't have mean tweets coming out of the Whitehouse (at least for a few more months, lol).

I'm shocked they are doing this, Biden told them "DON'T" four times!

Maybe they should not give two hours' notice of the attack next time? It makes me think this was all a face-saving exercise by Iran after Israel blew up part of their Embassy in Syria and killed one of their military leaders. That's quite a 'fuck-you' in diplomatic terms.

I don't think Tehran wants a full-blown Middle East war, they will just get destroyed and their people might finally rise up and shoot all of those malevolent old bastards with the big grey beards.

Iran launched more than 300 drones and missiles at Israel on Saturday night, in the Islamic Republic’s first ever direct attack on the Jewish state, bringing a years-long shadow war into the open and threatening to draw the region into a broader conflagration.

Israel, with the help of key western allies including the US, UK and Jordan, claimed to have intercepted some 99% of the launches during the mass strike, but added that some ballistic missiles had reached Israel, damaging the key Nevatim air base in southern Israel which remained operational.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 pm
Maybe they should not give two hours' notice of the attack next time? It makes me think this was all a face-saving exercise by Iran after Israel blew up part of their Embassy in Syria and killed one of their military leaders. That's quite a 'fuck-you' in diplomatic terms.

I don't think Tehran wants a full-blown Middle East war, they will just get destroyed and their people might finally rise up and shoot all of those malevolent old bastards with the big grey beards.

Iran launched more than 300 drones and missiles at Israel on Saturday night, in the Islamic Republic’s first ever direct attack on the Jewish state, bringing a years-long shadow war into the open and threatening to draw the region into a broader conflagration.

Israel, with the help of key western allies including the US, UK and Jordan, claimed to have intercepted some 99% of the launches during the mass strike, but added that some ballistic missiles had reached Israel, damaging the key Nevatim air base in southern Israel which remained operational.
Totally, Iran gave the US and Israel notice of the drone attavk and sent slow moving ones that could be easily shot down.

Purely for internal consumption in Iran.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

armchairlawyer wrote:

Totally, Iran gave the US and Israel notice of the drone attavk and sent slow moving ones that could be easily shot down.

Sending 300 ‘slow moving’ drones to be destroyed?

That many is designed to saturate missile defenses, not just a token gesture.

At least one got through and hit an airbase, high value target.

Credit the success for Iron Dome and the next generation of Israeli defenses for so few getting through.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 am
armchairlawyer wrote:

Sending 300 ‘slow moving’ drones to be destroyed?

That many is designed to saturate missile defenses, not just a token gesture.

At least one got through and hit an airbase, high value target.

Credit the success for Iron Dome and the next generation of Israeli defenses for so few getting through.
The tactic of sending slow-moving, and cheap, drones to exhaust the capacity of the missile defence system, and then send high-speed cruise missiles into the void, is practiced by Russia against the limited, imported, Patriot air defences of Ukraine.

However, Israel makes much of its own systems including short, medium and long-range systems. Other systems are joint ventures with the US. They have no shortages and the US will ALWAYS supply them as they are purely defensive systems.

Whilst none of the drones or the cruise missiles got through, a few of the ballistic missiles did get through - so there are gaps. And ballistic missiles are heavy payload, long range and harder to shoot down. These are just the sort of delivery systems you would mount something very nasty on. Trident is a ballistic missile system, so are ICBM's.

So, now Iran knows it can hit Israel with ballistic missiles. And so does Israel. The thermostat just went up a couple of degrees.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

think of the hundreds of millions/BILLIONS $$$ that this one nights attack cost Iran and Israel and to a lessor extent the UK & US

I think America should just tell Israel, fuck off, ur on ur own>
it would end with Israel's annihilation

when is enough ....enough?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

During a time of most conflicts, you can usually sit down and say "Well, if this side did this, and that side did that, we might be able to find some sort of resolution". For example, if / when Trump is re-elected, it's likely that he will bring about an end to the Ukraine conflict by forcing Ukraine to concede much of the land already taken by Russia. All he has to do is threaten to withdraw US support if they don't. And that will likely bring it to an end (for now). - I've oversimplified things, I know, but you get my point.

But the current middle east conflict is a whole different ball game. I can't think of any situation which could even remotely begin to start bringing it to some sort of conclusion. I think we all have to accept that this is going to be a very long-drawn-out situation, which will only get worse, get bigger, and get wider, dragging in more and more countries into the conflict, and there is a very real possibility for the end game to be catastrophic for the wider world as a whole. The only way tensions could calm would be if Israel backed off, but when you ignore your closest and strongest ally - who is telling you to back off - (assuming this really is what they're telling them to do, not just publicly, which I'm sceptical of) you're sending a strong message to the world that for you, this has only just begun.

Tensions in the middle east have been ongoing since time began, (but mostly since Israel's creation) and I fear that for many countries, especially Israel, now is the time to get them all settled, once and for all, and all at the same time.

Who'd have thought that putting a Jewish state right smack bang in the middle of the biggest Islamist region in the world would cause so much bother?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic