Police shootout at my market.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Art
Expatriate
Belgium

Police shootout at my market.

Post by Art »

As I was walking into the lot of my market. Police struggled with a man and finally shot him. As Trump stated... if I'm not elected there will be a bloodbath. Folks... it has arrived. On my way to PP and some sanity. %)
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police shootout at my market.

Post by xavoy »

Art wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 am As I was walking into the lot of my market. Police struggled with a man and finally shot him. As Trump stated... if I'm not elected there will be a bloodbath. Folks... it has arrived. On my way to PP and some sanity. %)
With your apparent habit of taking quotes out of context like that, it might be difficult finding sanity anywhere.

(But for sure, the entire western world has gone batshit crazy, with the USA leading the march, and PP is a comparative oasis)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Art wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 am As I was walking into the lot of my market. Police struggled with a man and finally shot him. As Trump stated... if I'm not elected there will be a bloodbath. Folks... it has arrived. On my way to PP and some sanity. %)
Trump thinks countries like this are shitholes so you might be better off buying more guns and staying where you are. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Trump, March 16: "China now is building a couple of massive plants where they’re going to build the cars in Mexico and think, they think, that they’re going to sell those cars into the United States with no tax at the border. Let me tell you something to China, if you’re listening President Xi, and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now, and you think you’re going to get that, you’re going to not hire Americans, and you’re going to sell the cars to us? No. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars. If I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath, for the whole — that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars."

Context matters ... :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 am Trump, March 16: "China now is building a couple of massive plants where they’re going to build the cars in Mexico and think, they think, that they’re going to sell those cars into the United States with no tax at the border. Let me tell you something to China, if you’re listening President Xi, and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now, and you think you’re going to get that, you’re going to not hire Americans, and you’re going to sell the cars to us? No. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars. If I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath, for the whole — that’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars."

Context matters ... :hattip:
For your collection...

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Art wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 am
Police struggled with a man and finally shot him.
So, you assumed this person's gender?

That sounds like a micro-aggression.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I am pretty sure some American president told the same to the japanese 50 years ago, and now, look where the american car-manufacturers are, compared with the Japanese ?? !!
Its american, they are stil sure they are the centre of the world laying in their hamack under a tree smoking pod and let the real work been done by the (underpayed)-immigrants. Something very similar is happening in Europe now !!
Art
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Art »

sigmoid wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:23 am
Art wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 am
Police struggled with a man and finally shot him.
So, you assumed this person's gender?

That sounds like a micro-aggression.
Not assumed!
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:53 pm I am pretty sure some American president told the same to the japanese 50 years ago, and now, look where the american car-manufacturers are, compared with the Japanese ?? !!
Its american, they are stil sure they are the centre of the world laying in their hamack under a tree smoking pod and let the real work been done by the (underpayed)-immigrants. Something very similar is happening in Europe now !!
Shit yeah, they smoke pod. You toke pod?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic