Barang punches female staff in the face @ Big Easy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Barang punches female staff in the face @ Big Easy

Post by Albror »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:29 am
Albror wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:50 am Lol dont try make it a thing about Germans. They are very very nice here in Cambodia even if they are quite thin in numbers when it comes to Phnom penh.

I met people like that from all over the world and the thing in common is that they have mental disorders (in my opinion) that never made them get anywhere with ladies and they thought coming to Cambodia would be a quick fix that would solve all their problems. Then when they get told of even here instead of being treated as a god as they had thought they loose their mind with the following reaction displayed in the video.
You might be onto something as he was clearly hitting [on] her :plus1:
If you have a shitty view on local women or women in general that will show even if you are not actually hitting [on] them.

Surely you did not mean that this guy is a ladies man with deep respect for them?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Albror wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:43 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:29 am
Albror wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:50 am Lol dont try make it a thing about Germans. They are very very nice here in Cambodia even if they are quite thin in numbers when it comes to Phnom penh.

I met people like that from all over the world and the thing in common is that they have mental disorders (in my opinion) that never made them get anywhere with ladies and they thought coming to Cambodia would be a quick fix that would solve all their problems. Then when they get told of even here instead of being treated as a god as they had thought they loose their mind with the following reaction displayed in the video.
You might be onto something as he was clearly hitting [on] her :plus1:

If you have a shitty view on local women or women in general that will show even if you are not actually hitting [on] them.

Surely you did not mean that this guy is a ladies man with deep respect for them?
:dm:

You never mentioned respect for women. You were suggesting he has a mental disorder that makes him unable to get anywhere with ladies, and for that reason he's punching a bartender because she wants to close the bar and not keep serving him. I thought that was a funny assessment.

When I see people like that I think more along the lines of a bad drunk with a violent past.

Whether he respects women, Cambodians, or anyone for that matter I couldn't tell you.
Nor if he has a wife, or a family, or what he's like when he's not a drunk idiot.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:57 pm :dm:

You never mentioned respect for women. You were suggesting he has a mental disorder that makes him unable to get anywhere with ladies, and for that reason he's punching a bartender because she wants to close the bar and not keep serving him. I thought that was a funny assessment.

When I see people like that I think more along the lines of a bad drunk with a violent past.

Whether he respects women, Cambodians, or anyone for that matter I couldn't tell you.
Nor if he has a wife, or a family, or what he's like when he's not a drunk idiot.
You really dont think that what i said first goes hand in hand with respect for women if someone does have that view?

The reason i make this assumption is that i seen enough of this type during my decade living in Cambodia to straight away make this assumption both from his actions and the way he is behaving in the video beside the punch itself.

We are both just speculating and talking from our own experiences but i would not say that its necessarily just a case of a violent drunk when you attack female staff in a establishment. Then there is something more missing in the persons head. Usually.
bobjane
Expatriate
Bahrain

Post by bobjane »

wtf
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Albror wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:15 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:57 pm :dm:

You really dont think that what i said first goes hand in hand with respect for women if someone does have that view?

The reason i make this assumption is that i seen enough of this type during my decade living in Cambodia to straight away make this assumption both from his actions and the way he is behaving in the video beside the punch itself.

We are both just speculating and talking from our own experiences but i would not say that its necessarily just a case of a violent drunk when you attack female staff in a establishment. Then there is something more missing in the persons head. Usually.
No, I can't say I believe that having a mental disorder that makes you unattractive to women necessarily means that you don't respect them, or that it comes with the capacity to use violence out of nowhere. Even if you have the idea that Cambodian women may be easier to score with due to financial / cultural differences.

Generally, people who use violence as a tool have different issues.
Violent family, bullied in school, damaged from war etc.

Mental disorders can make you aggressive, but that's not the same as being violent.
There are studies that suggests certain genes can play a part, but the individuals still need to be triggered by some kind of trauma before these genes plays out their role.

Or in short, I don't think this dude got violent because he hasn't been getting laid enough. If getting laid was an issue, let's not forget where we are. Anyone and their cat can get laid 10x a day here it's not really a factor.

Edit: Just realized I'm really stoned, might have to revisit this at a later time.
Last edited by ItWasntMe on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

bla bla bla
nothing never change here ..............................
bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 pm No, I can't say I believe that having a mental disorder that makes you unattractive to women necessarily means that you don't respect them, or that it comes with the capacity to use violence out of nowhere. Even if you have the idea that Cambodian women may be easier to score with due to financial / cultural differences.

Generally, people who use violence as a tool have different issues.
Violent family, bullied in school, damaged from war etc.

Mental disorders can make you aggressive, but that's not the same as being violent.
There are studies that suggests certain genes can play a part, but the individuals still need to be triggered by some kind of trauma before these genes plays out their role.

Or in short, I don't think this dude got violent because he hasn't been getting laid enough. If getting laid was an issue, let's not forget where we are. Anyone and their cat can get laid 10x a day here it's not really a factor.

Edit: Just realized I'm really stoned, might have to revisit this at a later time.
I met quite a few guys, not by choice, that basically have a mental disorder where you dont have the ability to understand anyone elses point of view. Maybe that is Aspergers syndrom?

They never had a good time with ladies (or people in general) and as many others they thought that "Hey, if i go to Cambodia everyone will love and respect me because im a white man and they all think im rich".

Then when they come here they realise that its the same as you can not travel away from your problems. But with the syndrom you dont understand that so you think its the girls faults beacuse how could you be at fault? He is a king now.

Look at the punch, he thought he was in his right................
KevinTan
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by KevinTan »

Albror wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:15 pm We are both just speculating and talking from our own experiences but i would not say that its necessarily just a case of a violent drunk when you attack female staff in a establishment. Then there is something more missing in the persons head. Usually.
Say people say yourself.
nndavid
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by nndavid »

Any update on the barangutan who perpetrated this assault? Is he in jail or did he pay the "fine" to be free to assault innocent waitresses again, on another drunken night?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nndavid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 pm Any update on the barangutan who perpetrated this assault? Is he in jail or did he pay the "fine" to be free to assault innocent waitresses again, on another drunken night?
The latter, it's mentioned earlier in this thread.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic